Vibration/Shudder when under a load

subsams

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
My 01 Jetta has 81,500 mi. A few days ago it started making a shudder/vibration when under a load, it seems worse going up hills and at 1/2 to full throttle its not real noticeable yet just a bit annoying right now. I would like to get it fixed before it gets worse. I have read a lot of post about similar problems but have not seen very many solutions any help

Souzafone

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 Jetta A4, Whitish
Get the car to someone experienced with TDI's, you don't want to wast time and money with a parts replacer or some educated guessing, do you? That said, I had a similar issue, turned out to be a loosey DMF. It never got worse, but meant using higher rpm than I sometimes wanted to.

dieselvet

TDI
MB GLK 250 4M BT
Possible inner constant velocity joint problem. I had the same symptoms with my 2002 Jetta. Rebuilding inner cv joints fixed the problem.

shufy

TDI
Golf,2000,Blue
Hi Subsams,

I had what sound like a similar situation. I have a 2004 Passat TDi Wagon and when I would try to step down on the throttle past about half way, the car would shutter, the more I stepped down on the throttle, the worst it would get, almost like the transmission was slipping. It ended up being the fuel filter, which only had about 30K miles on it. Now when the car starts to shutter, its time to chage out the filter.

Hamman

Veteran Member
TDI
No TDI's, but an '84 Rabbit diesel
I've had the same problem, but it only showed up after I the car was chipped and nozzled. If it's the DMF, then a clutch upgrade would help.
However, that's not going to happen as long as the original is okay.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
huh? I've seen a lot of stock car horrendously fail DMF's.

Antsrcool

Vendor
TDI
2010 Cup Edition
mine does htis but ive narrowed it down to a slippin TCC. Its the only thing left feels like im driving over a washboard. Its done it for about 40k miles now and i knwo how to drive it so its not really there

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Could be a wheel bearing, tierod, balljoint or even a bad CV joint.

I doubt it's the DMF. '01s weren't know to have DMF's that flew apart.