T4 California Exclusive in Canada - gas cooker

TDI_YWG

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI, '03 Golf GL TDI, '01 T4 California Exclusive, '00 T4 Multivan "Atlantis"
Hello,

I recently imported a 2001 T4 California Exclusive from Europe. It is set up to use Campingaz 907 2.5kg bottles, which are not available in North America. I am trying to find someone who has faced this situation before and how they resolved it. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks!
Scotty

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Nice find! I'm looking for one too, but the Exclusives are particularly rare (and expensive, even in Europe).

For Campingaz, this website gives a phone number to Coleman in Canada.
https://www.campingaz.com/Benelux/t-contact.aspx

Failing a reasonable solution, maybe you can somehow adapt using the smaller Coleman butane camp fuel canisters available widely here?

TDI_YWG

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI, '03 Golf GL TDI, '01 T4 California Exclusive, '00 T4 Multivan "Atlantis"
Adapting the system for the 1lb Coleman cylinders is exactly what I have done. I bought a regulator with hose for a bbq and an adapter for 1lb to 20lb (POL). I cut the hose that runs from the EU regulator to the camper, cut the hose that come off of the the new regulator and then connected the new regulator hose to the EU hose with a brass barbed fitting and hose clamps. Works like a charm, although the overall length of the new cylinder, adapter and regulator is slightly more than the overall length of the Campingaz cylinder and regulator. It is a bit of a tight squeeze in the gas locker. It JUST fits. Might look for a 90 degree adapter.