Skunkwerx Performance TDI Performance, Repair, Service and Malone Tuning

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Derby is over and reality is starting to filter back in to Louisville.

A big "thank you" to all my customers so far that have made Skunkwerx a success so far.

Now stocking more hard parts than ever for those just-in-case occurrences. Getting a clutch installed and find a cracked release fork or leaky rear main seal? No problem, in stock. Limp mode issue diagnosed as failed VNT actuator? Got many cars covered for that too. Most common timing belt kits are in stock in addition to a full compliment of fluids and filters. Also stocking DieselGeek Panzer plates for the most common TDIs.

Lastly, don't forget I can set you up with a Malone tune for all TDIs 2000 to present including DSG with no extra labor charges.

Cheers!

bjmarler

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, White
This is GREAT news. Finally a TDI expert within driving distance of middle TN. Woot!!!

I will definitely be contacting you in the future. My 2004 Jetta TDI has finally fallen prey to the EGR leaking problem.

I'm guessing that instead of me paying a ton of money to replace both pipes, which will eventually just break again, I can just have you do an EGR delete kit and then get a Tune + CEL delete option?

Does that sound reasonable as a plan?

gunselman

Veteran Member
TDI
03' Jetta TDi, Black
I have to throw my +1 in here for Dax. He recently installed a South Bend Stg. 2 endurance clutch in my 03' Jetta TDi. I actually drove down from Indianapolis to Louisville to have it done. He was nice enough to let me hangout while he completed the install.

The only problem is now i want more power to take full advantage of the clutch!

HD F250

TDI
2002 and 2010 Jetta TDI
I had the pleasure of doing business with Dax the past few days and I am very happy with his service. The plan was to do the EGR delete and Stage 1 Malone tuneon my 02 ALH, but after we seen the nearly clogged intake he swapped his spare in for a very fair price. I waited and we talked during the install. Nearing the end of the work, I told him I needed to my timing belt and he had everything in stock. At that, he drove me home and kept my car overnight and completed it by the next afternoon.

Highly recommended, very knowledgable and good dude! Thanks Dax, looking forward to getting my GF's 2010 tuned, deleted and straight piped.

A5INKY

TDI
This is GREAT news. Finally a TDI expert within driving distance of middle TN. Woot!!!

I will definitely be contacting you in the future. My 2004 Jetta TDI has finally fallen prey to the EGR leaking problem.

I'm guessing that instead of me paying a ton of money to replace both pipes, which will eventually just break again, I can just have you do an EGR delete kit and then get a Tune + CEL delete option?

Does that sound reasonable as a plan?
Easily done and never have to replace those EGR pipes again. I also stock a very complete BEW EGR kit that can even include a blanking plate for the valve itself. No more removing the EGR to get the valve cover off :)

I have to throw my +1 in here for Dax. He recently installed a South Bend Stg. 2 endurance clutch in my 03' Jetta TDi. I actually drove down from Indianapolis to Louisville to have it done. He was nice enough to let me hangout while he completed the install.

The only problem is now i want more power to take full advantage of the clutch!
Thanks for the post Gunselman, glad you like the clutch!

I had the pleasure of doing business with Dax the past few days and I am very happy with his service. The plan was to do the EGR delete and Stage 1 Malone tuneon my 02 ALH, but after we seen the nearly clogged intake he swapped his spare in for a very fair price. I waited and we talked during the install. Nearing the end of the work, I told him I needed to my timing belt and he had everything in stock. At that, he drove me home and kept my car overnight and completed it by the next afternoon.

Highly recommended, very knowledgable and good dude! Thanks Dax, looking forward to getting my GF's 2010 tuned, deleted and straight piped.
Always a pleasure HD!

A5INKY

TDI
Northern Michigan - Malone Tuning Services This Friday, May 23rd

Taking a little vacation to Fredric, Michigan this weekend and am considering bringing my tuning rig. Tuning would only be offered on Friday and appointments would have to be scheduled in advance.

I am able to tune all TDIs from 2000 to present including DSG tunes. Tunes and pricing are listed on Malone's website, no extra labor costs. Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and AMEX all accepted.

Please email (over PM) to set an appointment: dax@skunkwerx-performance.com.

Hope to meet a few N. MI TDI Clubbers this Friday!

2011TDIGOLF

TDI
2011 Golf
If you make an appointment how many hours does it take you to do this?

2009 - Present Common Rail TDI "Stage 2" Power Up Kit!

Unleash the beast! Kit includes a "Buzzken" stainless steel DPF/LP EGR delete*** downpipe and Malone Stage 2 Tune that will result in an additional 30 WHP / 70 WTQ! Skunkwerx is offering a CR140 Stage 2 upgrade installed for only $1389*

Options:
Malone DSG tune (required for DSG equipped cars) + $499
Resonator** + $60
High Flow Metallic Cat** + $180

Installations are performed by appointment only. Balance due on completion and delivery, all major credit cards accepted.

*price is for manual transmission cars only, not including tax
** special order basis, deposit required

*** For off-road use only
- These modifications may be a violation of federal emissions regulations, for off-road vehicles only.
- Neither TDIClub nor any person taking action or inaction on its behalf may be held accountable for these modifications.
- It is up to each individual vehicle owner or operator to take responsibility for his/her actions

A5INKY

TDI
If you make an appointment how many hours does it take you to do this?
DP install, tuning and logging to verify tune takes 5-6 hours. Because I work by appointment only I am able to keep my appointments on time, no worries of another job bumping an appointment back.

DPs are kept in stock, so feel free to hit me up! :)

Golf GLS TDI

TDI
2000 Golf GLS Tdi
How much for parts and labor to do the t belt with a metal impeller water pump on a 99.5 Jetta?

A5INKY

TDI
Super busy at the shop :D. Good thing I LOVE working on TDIs!

Been hard to keep up with calls, emails and estimates. My apologies to anyone I have missed. Please drop me an email reminder and I will get back to you as quick as I can. My email is under my "contact" page of my website which can be reached by clicking on my sig.

How much for parts and labor to do the t belt with a metal impeller water pump on a 99.5 Jetta?
Please send me a quick email if you would and I'll send you a detailed quote.

GASDAG

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS 5MT Sedan Silver, 2004 GMC Sierra i.e. no need for a wagon
Hey Dax, just wanted to say thanks again for the work on my car. I just put the new wheels/ tires on and I feel like I have gotten used to the tune. The car feels like new, suspension is smooth and quiet, and the engine now pulls like a train. One of my friends described it as "raging top end pull". Haha. No issues with passing power, and it seems to want to fly to 80-90 mph when I'm trying to stay under 70. I can't believe it pulls so hard to redline now. Also seem to have got nearly 350 miles on my first 1/2 tank. Dying to see if mpg is going way up.
Thumbs up for a great guy doing great work. I'll be a repeat customer when it's time for a bigger turbo and full exhaust. Cheers

A5INKY

TDI
E-mailed.
We're all set. Car is snug in the shop and will be getting it's Wavetrac LSD, taller 5th gear and Southbend clutch soon. Safe travels to you and your wife as you journey to your new home.

Hey Dax, just wanted to say thanks again for the work on my car. I just put the new wheels/ tires on and I feel like I have gotten used to the tune. The car feels like new, suspension is smooth and quiet, and the engine now pulls like a train. One of my friends described it as "raging top end pull". Haha. No issues with passing power, and it seems to want to fly to 80-90 mph when I'm trying to stay under 70. I can't believe it pulls so hard to redline now. Also seem to have got nearly 350 miles on my first 1/2 tank. Dying to see if mpg is going way up.
Thumbs up for a great guy doing great work. I'll be a repeat customer when it's time for a bigger turbo and full exhaust. Cheers
Thank you so much for the great review. You were a pleasure to work with, communicative, organized and making the best decisions for your car in the long run. I enjoyed the whole interaction and look forward to working with you again. Cheers! :D

Busy week in the shop, 5 tunes scheduled, 2 common rail downpipe installs and another timing belt with EGR work along with a few oil changes and the like. Back to spinnin' o' the spanners!

A5INKY

TDI
Skunkwerx will be closed until August 7th for a much needed vacation. I have a couple cars to finish up early this week but am not taking any more work on until I return. Please feel free to email any future scheduling needs to dax@skunkwerx-performance.com, emails will be replied to after my return.

A sincere "thank you" to all of my customers so far and those to come!

A5INKY

TDI
Had a great trip out west to see family and friends. Got some mountain biking, backpacking and trout fishing in with my kids while we were staying near Aspen too :D

Back at it now. Have a few big jobs to finish this weekend and some customer cars to make faster next week...

TDI
2006 Jetta PD BRM
Yet another positive review for Dax and Skunkwerx. He recently did Frank's stage 2 BRM cam, timing belt, and egr delete tune. He was very flexible and quite helpful with all of my questions. I am continuing to fight coolant loss issues and Dax has been very kind to answer all of my panic phone calls. Looks as if we will be seeing each other soon Dax!

professorxjosh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI 5spd w/ 400k
Finally getting around to posting a review. Had Dax put on some new axles (RAXLES), ball joints, some bushings, thermostat and some other small things. Had the car back to me same day. Car drives great and can definitely notice a difference going with the Audi TT control arm bushing.

Dax is awesome and great at what he does. You can tell he genuinely cares about his customers and does his best to ensure they're happy. Really lucky to have such a incredible mechanic so close to home. Look forward to future work with ya!

Thanks again Dax!

A5INKY

TDI
Finally getting around to posting a review. Had Dax put on some new axles (RAXLES), ball joints, some bushings, thermostat and some other small things. Had the car back to me same day. Car drives great and can definitely notice a difference going with the Audi TT control arm bushing.

Dax is awesome and great at what he does. You can tell he genuinely cares about his customers and does his best to ensure they're happy. Really lucky to have such a incredible mechanic so close to home. Look forward to future work with ya!

Thanks again Dax!
Thanks Josh!

A5INKY

TDI
Skunkwerx Performance Holiday Sale

10% off on Malone Tunes at Skunkwerx until the end of 2014

Sale is limited to tuning at Skunkwerx for TDIs 2000 to 2014 including DSG, or tunes emailed to Flashzilla users only. Sorry, no discount on mailed-in ECUs.

Flashzillas can be purchased here

Interested in supporting mods for your new Malone Tune? Special year-end combo pricing on Malone tunes sold with Buzzken exhausts, turbo upgrades, nozzle upgrades, clutches and more when install performed at Skunkwerx. Email dax@skunkwerx-performance.com for an estimate

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
How much is a retune/ upgrade? Already have a stage 3 custom but would like an update for the 17/22, like 3 bar map. Also what are the requirements for a stage 5 tune? Current mods are in my signature.

Thanks

A5INKY

TDI
How much is a retune/ upgrade? Already have a stage 3 custom but would like an update for the 17/22, like 3 bar map. Also what are the requirements for a stage 5 tune? Current mods are in my signature.

Thanks
Your nozzles are smallish for your turbo's potential. I'd jump up a few sizes to at least .240 or .260 Hflox, or PP764 or R520 Bosios. That and a 3 Bar MAP and you should be good to go for stage 5.

Standalone retune price depends on if you co "custom" or not (tune fine tuning based on VCDS logging) and whether you have Flashzilla or need to mail in your ECU. Send me an email with those details please and I'll quote you a price.

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
Actually the Warp 3 nozzles are 0.230 and supposedly flow more than the PP764. With the 18psi of boost currently it still smokes, I'll write you an email, thanks!

codyg338

TDI
2010 Blue Jetta TDI Cup Edition
Dax at Skunkwerx completed my DPF delete and malone stage 2 on my 2010 Jetta Cup Edition (First Cup Car he ever worked on!) four days ago. He is very courteous and went above and beyond expectations. Ended up giving us a ride when taxi services stranded us! Dax has very reasonable prices and seems to have done a great job on the work. Love how the car sounds with the DPF delete, straight mid-pipe and borla cat-back. Couldn't be happier with the performance.

jsharum

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Dax is the man. He did a tune for me and after listening to me moan about something just not feeling right he really dug into it until the problem was resolved. He went way above and beyond to make me happy. Top notch!

T.W.

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta sedan; 03 Jetta SW
SHOUT OUT TO Dax

I had trouble with my 98 Jetta that frustrated the living...well, you know out of me. Couple hours and Dax had it "purring" again, the car I knew she was. Dax provided additional personal service and was GREAT to work with. Dax: I ordered the part and when it comes in she will be back to you for the install. Thanks for your work (and helping me believe what I did was OK...just didn't go far enough :(

A5INKY

TDI
Dax at Skunkwerx completed my DPF delete and malone stage 2 on my 2010 Jetta Cup Edition (First Cup Car he ever worked on!) four days ago. He is very courteous and went above and beyond expectations. Ended up giving us a ride when taxi services stranded us! Dax has very reasonable prices and seems to have done a great job on the work. Love how the car sounds with the DPF delete, straight mid-pipe and borla cat-back. Couldn't be happier with the performance.
Perhaps my favorite TDI through the shop to date. Super sweet '10 Cup car with a manual trans. Love that color blue and Thunderbunny front end. Thanks for the review!

Dax is the man. He did a tune for me and after listening to me moan about something just not feeling right he really dug into it until the problem was resolved. He went way above and beyond to make me happy. Top notch!
You got a first hand experience with the challenges of tuning via email and phone ;). An ECU tuner in that situation has to assume the hardware is all up to snuff. Sometimes it is the little things that hold a car back. Thank you for being patient and diligent in working through the hardware maintenance issues. Glad we ultimately got it dialed in for you. Cheers!

I had trouble with my 98 Jetta that frustrated the living...well, you know out of me. Couple hours and Dax had it "purring" again, the car I knew she was. Dax provided additional personal service and was GREAT to work with. Dax: I ordered the part and when it comes in she will be back to you for the install. Thanks for your work (and helping me believe what I did was OK...just didn't go far enough :(
Thanks for the kind words T.W. It was a pleasure working with you and your nice MKIII. Always here and happy to help :).

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
I purchased a stage 1 tune from Mark a year ago and now am looking to upgrade to a stage 4 custom for my 17/49 vc hybrid. Could I get a discount on the new tune since it's only a year later? My tuner is Matt Phelan and he's too busy to travel to me. I'm looking into renting a flashzilla with a stage 4 custom for my turbo with pp764 nozzles and euro jet smic. Can you work out a deal on the tune with Mark? He mentioned the stage 4 a year later would only cost 150? I'm running stage 1 with dynamic egr. Thanks