06 beetle so many codes

dave69

TDI
06beetle
I am working on my daughters 06 beetle,it has been sitting for a while the battery went dead,I charged it up,when I started it I noticed it had the cel on as well as a flashing glow plug light.when I connected my scan tool to it it came back with 7 codes 3338,3373,0245,3101,1495,0322,0341.all these code seem to be electrically related,the car seems to run fine.My question is ,is this normally what happens when the battery goes dead?should I drive the car for while to see if these codes disappear,or am i checking all connections?any help would be great,i am not familiar with these cars

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Dead battery throws a bunch of codes. Clear them and see what comes back if any.

dave69

TDI
06beetle
I cleared the codes,I started with 8 and 7 remained,I checked and cleaned every connector I could find under the hood,took the car for a 5 mile ride ,reconnected the scanner and got the same 7 codes.the flashing glow plug light only flashes when key is on ,engine not running

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I had this happen once with a VCDS, wish I could remember exactly what it was. Could have been I had the wrong label file, but IIRC it was maybe the port?
With the OBDII reader attached, try running the self-test/learning function to verify settings.

dave69

TDI
06beetle
The scanner i am using is a autel maxidiag elite ,I am not experienced at any of this so bear with me ,I have cleaned those ground connections under the battery along with every other plug in connection I could find under the hood,I checked glow plugs for resistance,they were all the same, .8 ohms ,I will check for power to glow plugs,checked all fuses with test light all good ,never pulled them,might try that. The car runs so good I can't believe all these codes exists. I am not too familiar with this scanner,I borrowed it from a co worker but I will see if I can figure out this self testI live just outside of Windsor Ontario ,south of Detroit mi. Thanks for all the help

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Depending on temperature the power to the glow plugs will only last a few seconds at most and 10ths of a second on a warm engine. I’m thinking you’ll need to find someone with a vcds and ditch the autel.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
If you unplug the coolant sensor the ECU will think its 34 below and the glow plug light on much longer for testing.