Thread: 2006 Jetta
View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2017, 15:36   #24
goodmonkey
Veteran Member

Default Light cut off and next project

NOTE: Pictures are on Google, and have disappeared before. If they do again, send me a PM and I'll try to fix.

As promised, here is more about the new lights. They are HELIX E-codes, with leveling motors. Now I have none of the controls for the auto leveling, and don't know that I will. I just swapped the H7 bulbs from the OEM lights into these. I'm debating trying some LED H7 bulbs just to try them out. I think I like the OEM light better, mainly because they aren't projectors. These don't allow enough scatter to the right so signs are lit up, and the cut off with the halogens look like it doesn't go as far. I've not actually tested against the OEMs though. I did see that on a fairly level run on the Interstate I was able to light up a reflector 10 seconds in front of me at 70 MPH, and that is just over 1000 feet. That isn't bad, but I don't know that I checked that same thing with the OEMs.

Here you can see the cut off against my garage door. Here I have the right adjusted just a little high, so the light steps up twice from left. I was trying this to see how it looked while driving.

Out on the road, it looks a little like this. On the right you see a street light, not a sign reflection.

Lastly, here is a picture of what is to be my next big project with the car. I'm going from single zone semi-automatic Climatic to dual zone full-automatic Climatronic, or at least I'm going to try.
Previous TDI's: 1996 Passat TDI- totaled at 394k miles, 1998 Passat TDI - 175k miles, 2012 Passat TDI SE - 41k, 1996 Passat TDI Variant - 327k, 2014 Jetta SportWagon TDI 6MT - 29k, 2015 Passat TDI SEL - 18k, 2006 Jetta TDI 5MT - 261k

Last edited by goodmonkey; December 5th, 2017 at 09:50. Reason: Photos disappeared - now these are on TDIClub
goodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08690 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.83 Kb. compressed to 15.03 Kb. by saving 1.80 Kb. (10.70%)]