Tuning...all these choices!

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Since you're out in PA I'd get a hold of rocketchip, Jeff is local to you. I'd hope all the major tuners can work with a 2260 ALH, it's a fairly common setup, sure Jeff won't have a problem but know he's super busy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I used Malone for my jetta and couldn't be more happy. Just with that gtb turbo set up I don't know what I have to do for tuning.

respond2us

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, Custom - Funky Green. 99 NB TDI, 06 Jetta TDI
I'm thinking about hitting up a Malone tuner in Oregon on my way through. Maybe they can hook me up with a stage 2.

skromfols

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Jaguar XE TDI, 2014 Sportwagen TDI
I'm thinking about hitting up a Malone tuner in Oregon on my way through. Maybe they can hook me up with a stage 2.
Or buy a Flashzilla and put the tune on yourself. Saves money and you can do it in the privacy of your own garage.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I had a 2002 Jetta with the 4 speed automatic and I had .205 nozzle in it It was also tuned and the difference between stock nozzles and the tune was like day and night. 95Hp stock, 128hp tuned. Torque 155lb stock and about 190lb tuned if I remember right.

Now with my 2015 Passat I will be getting the Malone stage 2 tune after the VW fix # 2 is done in 2018. One reason for the Malone tune is that I can do it using the Flashzilla tool, but more important is there are two Malone dealers where I live and I will get the DSG tune done there, which you cannot do yourself yet. Maybe that will have changed next year, who knows.

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
Now with my 2015 Passat I will be getting the Malone stage 2 tune after the VW fix # 2 is done in 2018. One reason for the Malone tune is that I can do it using the Flashzilla tool, but more important is there are two Malone dealers where I live and I will get the DSG tune done there, which you cannot do yourself yet. Maybe that will have changed next year, who knows.
For years now, you can rent the Malone DSG flasher and do it yourself.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
For years now, you can rent the Malone DSG flasher and do it yourself.
Thanks for that info.
Would you also know how difficult it is to get at the DSG port?
It is my understanding it is not accessible from topside.
Thx

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Just have to pop the intake box up and then it's accessible. One bolt, MAF clamp, Maf plug, and then disassemble the cold air duct on the front of it. No need to separate the airbox, it's pretty straight forward and you can access it from the bay.

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just have to pop the intake box up and then it's accessible. One bolt, MAF clamp, Maf plug, and then disassemble the cold air duct on the front of it. No need to separate the airbox, it's pretty straight forward and you can access it from the bay.
Thank you Owain, I can hardly wait for the d a m n VW Phase 2 to be done.:rolleyes: