Audi A6 2.5TDi (AAT code) 1996 5 Cyl Diagnostic wiring..

Ghia

TDI
VW Vanagon Crewcab Syncro with AAT engine
Hi,
I've recently fitted an Audi 2.5TDi 1996 AAT code 5 cyl engine to my Crewcab Syncro. It runs ok but the glow plug light it flashing away at me (I know its the ECU telling me something is wrong).
Dispite my best efforts to strip out the loom to just what I needed, I managed to loose the Diagnostic wire from the ECU. The car had OBD1, I think that the Black plug just needs a feed and earth, and that the White plug has a Green/Red wire from the Immobiliser unit but I don't know where the other wire (white, or white and ... ) goes to.
Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram for this year or could anyone tell me what pin number from the ECU the diagnostic wire is correct?
Thanks

MG

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Glow plug light flashing is usually a brake sensor issue, IIRC.

Try turning cruise control on, and if it doesn't work, it's the brake sensor.

AntonUK

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi80tdi, A2 ahf project in progress...
Ill check on my Audi for ya mate tomorow....on my audi any brake sensor issues light up the ABS light. Iv seen it happen.

AntonUK

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi80tdi, A2 ahf project in progress...
Ill check on my Audi for ya mate tomorow....on my audi any brake sensor issues light up the ABS light. Iv seen it happen.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
BHT,

A blinking glow plug light can mean many things. What it is telling you is that the ECU is having problems communicateing with something. For example, the brake light switch, the fule temp sensor, etc.

-J

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Again, I *did* say IIRC.

Thanks for the information, tho - I'll remember that for future reference...