T4 injectors (group buy) SE PA

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 5spd 1.9l TDI Beetle, 2011 TDI JSW, 2dr TDI 5spd Golf
Wondering if there is any interest in a group buy for T4 injectors.

I currently live in the Lansdale PA area, but am in the Hunterdon county NJ area often as well. Also, I work in King of Prussia PA.

I figured at the least, we could save on expensive shipping costs. Let me know.

Last edited:

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
Jason from Port Jervis (TDIJetta99) is perhaps in for 1 set too. Maybe two if I can get enough interest, and I am assuming if the price is right.

For those who are interested, but just don't know enough about the product:

New OEM Bosch .216 injectors (complete injectors) sold from RyanP here on TDI club. Right now price is 260GBP about 375-380USD (depends on the conversion for the day) Shipped. These injectors are from the 150hp transporter and are comparable to PP520's they are good for tunes up to RC4 (I am not sure about more) and should sustain 150-160hp.

The reason I am doing this is becasue the shipping cost on these are expensive, about an extra 35GBP which is about 52 dollars. I also could possibly work out a quanity disscount of some sort. I am NOT making money from doing this. This is my way to help people here on TDIclub save a little cash.

As of right now if I count people interested, it is about 3 sets.

RyanP is requesting direct bank transfer. Paypal gift is no longer working for him. Considering his unscrupulus reputation as a vendor, I do not have an issue with this.

Essentailly, the only difference with ordering these injectors as a group buy, besides being cheaper, is that they will ship to 1 location (save on shipping), and be distributed by meet up. I would rather not collect cash, as I could see that being problematic. I may not have exactly enough or too much from the person depending on the exchange rate.

We need to first get a head cout of people that are interested.

Then from that I will contact Ryan and figure out our group pricing.

I will convey pricing here in the thread in GPB.

We would all then need to agree on price, and then proceed to send money directly to Ryan.

Injectors will ship to me, and I will distrubute them. We can arange a GTG were I will hand them out, or you may pick them up at my apt in Lansdale or KOP where I work. I am giving Jason his injectors when I go pick up a car in Port Jervis or just a random trip up there.

I hope this works out. I would not try to do this on any other site. TDI people just seem a different breed for the most part.

Lets see a show of hands!

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, so RyanP has agreed to 225GBP with a shipment of 3 sets. Right now that equates to about 334 USD. I will try and get more people just to help Ryan out since he is being so accommodating.

bkjendal

TDI
2010 Golf; 2002 Beetle (sold)
Do you know if these will need to be balanced/pop tested after arrival? I'm interested, though being up in MA might be a little more difficult for me to get the set once here stateside.

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
bkjendal said:
Do you know if these will need to be balanced/pop tested after arrival? I'm interested, though being up in MA might be a little more difficult for me to get the set once here stateside.
Yeah, I would not really recommend you entertain driving all the way into the area for them. These are not being re-shipped to surrounding areas.

They are not being pop tested. They are just New .216 bosch injectors.

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
Everything is new in these units. If you want to get a set please let me know soon (like tonight). I will forward Ryan's bank info to you so you can send him money for the injectors. We are getting these at a very fair price.

I unfortunately need these soon so I can get them to Jason, but I can let Ryan know we are planning for another set.

If you miss this group buy, not to worry, as I am sure there will be more to come :)

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
DCdesign said:
Didn't think it'd be so soon. Gotta pool up some funds. Have to pass on this go round.
That's cool. I will be sure to post the next round.

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
I think it is still a bit early, sorry.

I must say though I am loving the transporter nozzles in my girl friends car (stock no tune). They do not smoke, and make the ride super smooth.

So far the mpg, seems pretty damn good too. I haven't gone through the whole tank just yet. I am about at 175ish on a quarter tank.