Another Nozzle Balancing Option

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I just heard from Mark@DFIS in Portland; although they do not sell aftermarket nozzles if you supply them with your own nozzles they will mount and balance for $36.00 each.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
http://www.conestogadiesel.com/services/injectorrebuilding.html

For those in the NorthEast, these folk have done 2 sets for me.
With supplied nozzles and a set of injectors, cost me $120 for 4.
Give Suzy a call, nice folks to deal with.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
I would like to point out that diesel technology is widespread. There are a LOT of industrial diesel applications. In rural areas, find out who the farmers are taking their tractors too. Big trucks are everywhere, so are the shops that fix them. On the coast? Check out marine mechanics; fishing boats, trawlers, tugs, are running all kinds of diesel motors. Look for who is supplying those backup generators to hospitals.

These forums are automobile oriented, think outside the box. If the local diesel shop can't do the work, they should be able to help you at least find, or recommend, the appropriate person/business who can clean, test, and balance your VW injectors.

My $.02,
R*2

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Mr. Russe11, you are correct there are many different application for diesel motors from boats and ships to 18 wheelers, and tractors to high powered toys; I will have to plead ignorance when it comes to the TDI injectors specifically; I don't know if most diesel shops have the right tooling and testing equipment to work on our TDI injectors and nozzles. I know that DBW of course does, and DFIS as well as they rebuild the VE pumps our TDI's use. Maybe I have tunnel vision when it comes to this subject; speaking strictly of of my personal ignorance of the rest of the diesel powered world, I will send my stuff only to businesses that have a positive track record of rebuilding/repairing the equipment specific gear that I use. If I have to wait a few extra days (which is the situation I am in now due to the USPS) so be it, but the next time I hear a strange noise under the hood, I won't wonder if it is due to my being a hurry or trying to save money using an un-tested shop to rebuild my parts.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Most any Bosch fuel distributor can mount and pop test rotary pump TDI nozzles.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
IBW, thank you for the heads up, I learned something new today for those of us on this side the pond. :)

Last edited:

MRGRNJNS

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS Sedan TDI ALH Reflex Silver
@IndigoBlueWagon, I stopped by the local Bosch Injector Repair Shop in Akron Ohio. They are not equipped to do 2-Stage Pop Testing. I may be giving Suzy a call!