intake upgrade question

speedy223

Veteran Member
TDI
alh tdi new beetle 98, alh jetta 01, bew golf 04 all 5spds
have an Old man intake upgrade from kerma. does not have CCV input. worth installing on alh to replace cruddy plastic pipe that hooks between turbo and accordion from airbox or just leave it alone. again. no way to route ccv in to intake since no ccv hole in it. best to leave it alone and just cuss kerma for selling a newb that pipe 3 years ago or so with no warning as to deletes it would require? or worthwhile to install? paid an armload for that thing when i was first building an alh and had no idea what i was doing...still dont know much but know enough to tell that kerma was really sorry on their support.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I have the darkside TIP which is almost the same. I didn't put my ccv in the intake. I just left I plugged in and tucked it behind the pipe work.

speedy223

Veteran Member
TDI
alh tdi new beetle 98, alh jetta 01, bew golf 04 all 5spds
thanks for the replies. no problems or regrets at all deleting ccv? , no chance of sucking dust in to my valve cover at any point? i drive on a really dusty road

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
Your engine produces some amount of blow by with each combustion event. Couple that with the vacuum pump that empties into the crankcase and you should have no worries about sucking anything in through the ccv

Sent from my mobile look-at device

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
thanks for the replies. no problems or regrets at all deleting ccv? , no chance of sucking dust in to my valve cover at any point? i drive on a really dusty road
Not at all. Do like the other guys said to. Put your own catch can on. That way you don't get blown by on the valve cover and misc other things.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Most tractors back in the day vent straight out to atmosphere. More dust in daily field work then a gravel road once in a while.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Semi trucks vent to atmosphere, all heavy equipment does as well.

I have the same pipe from Kerma and love the look, and I purposely purchased it because it didn't have the bung. I vent straight to the ground.

Oil doesn't need to be in the intake. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: