GTG/Cruise Saturday October 19th in Sturgeon Bay, WI

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
It's sad to think that summer is almost halfway over, since it seems like it just got here or at least it does here in Sturgeon Bay. Anyway, that means it's time to plan the fall get together slash cruise and after checking my schedule, it looks like I have the 19th of October open, which should be close to peak fall colors that weekend. :D
Your more than welcome to invite a friend that is into cars, but doesn't have a TDI. I figure the more the merrier.:cool:

Our shop will be the meeting spot for the cruise/gtg.
203 Keel Ct
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235

Our shop is 60x90 and has a 2 post lift for anyone that would be interested in getting underneath their car or just make it easier to rotate tires, change pads, bleed/flush brakes, etc. Please no major work unless I approve it.

Start time is 9am and we usually have a 15 minute meet and greet before we leave for the cruise. The cruise usually takes between 3-4 hours depending on route/speed if you just wanna come for the gtg portion or if there is someone that would be there tuning cars. You can figure we'll be back between 12:30 and 1.

If you can please bring a dish to pass(can be cookies, chips, water, soda, napkins, plates, plasticware, etc) for when we get back from the cruise and get the grill going to cook some burgers, brats, and if you wanna bring something else to put on the grill you're more than welcome to.

If there's enough interest, I'll see if one of the tuners would be willing to attend. Whether that's Jeff at Rocketchip or one of the Malone tuning dealers in the area.

Feel free to pm me or ask here if you think others might be wondering the same thing. I look forward to seeing everyone this fall. :)

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks!
And then I went and played some Gordon Lightfoot, and now can't get the 'gales of November came early' line outta my head...LOL
cheers,
Douglas
Not a problem. Glad to help and hope you can make it. Let me know if you need a place to stay if you do make the trip.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I will be there!!
That's great to hear Mark, see you in a few months.:D

Thinking about it; maybe including a long weekend in Door County with my wife. :rolleyes:
It's a fantastic time of the year up here around that time with the colors changing and getting to hit up some of the back roads of Door County is hard to beat imo. ;)

Thinking about it as well, you can pencil me in.

I'd be interested to hear any news on tuners attending.
I can make some inquires if there's enough interest.

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Definitely coming. We booked a place in Gardner on the water. Looking forward to the cruise to show my wife Door County, assuming we'll be going up that way.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Definitely coming. We booked a place in Gardner on the water. Looking forward to the cruise to show my wife Door County, assuming we'll be going up that way.
That's great to hear! Yeah, we'll be more than likely making the loop up north to see what we can in the northern part of the county.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Bump. A little bit more than 2 weeks to go before the cruise/gtg.

Also I'm trying to get a head count as to how many people will be attending. That way I know how many burgers to purchase and others know how much to bring as well.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Bump. A little bit more than 2 weeks to go before the cruise/gtg.
Also I'm trying to get a head count as to how many people will be attending. That way I know how many burgers to purchase and others know how much to bring as well.
I'm still planning on coming.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm still up in the air, though I'd like to make it.

If I do, it will be without the Mrs.

My mission will include bringing her back some Door County cherry pie.
Well, hopefully you can make it and I know of a store we can stop at if you need to pick up a cherry pie. Just make sure you bring a container with that will stop the pie from sliding around too much, since there's still some more roads to enjoy on the way back to our shop.;)

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll be bringing the disposable plates, utensils, napkins, and red cups.
Fantastic! Somehow we always forget to have someone bring those items, so I'm glad you have it covered.

Have we heard if any tuners will be in attendance?
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any tuners to commit to attending the cruise/gtg.:(

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
No worries, I was hoping against hope anyway and isn't a deterrent to my attending.

The distance, weather, and "loss" of a weekend day lounging around at home with my significant other are the deterrents I must overcome ;)

I drive 800 miles weekly for work, so a day not in the driver's seat is welcome.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
No worries, I was hoping against hope anyway and isn't a deterrent to my attending.

The distance, weather, and "loss" of a weekend day lounging around at home with my significant other are the deterrents I must overcome ;)

I drive 800 miles weekly for work, so a day not in the driver's seat is welcome.
Hopefully you can find someone relatively close to tune your car in the future.

Hope you can make it in the future.:)

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Hey all. I hate doing this last minute, but I've had something come up that has forced me to change my plans for this weekend. That means that I won't be able to make it up there, this time. I hope I can make it to the next one.

Everyone drive safe and keep it shiny side up.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey all. I hate doing this last minute, but I've had something come up that has forced me to change my plans for this weekend. That means that I won't be able to make it up there, this time. I hope I can make it to the next one.
Everyone drive safe and keep it shiny side up.
Sorry to hear that you won't be able make this year. Hope you can make it next year.