Oilhammer (Brian) in St. Louis (mucho kudos)

JSlatton

TDI
A4 Jetta, 1999.5
I recently developed a coolant leak for which I needed some advice on. I was referred to oilhammer (aka Brian) who gladly offered to come out to my place to take a look at it. Now, he lives in union but came out to southern St. Louis county to look at my car. On valentine's day no less! Needless to say, he is a cool guy.

He gave me some suggestions and explained what I needed to do to fix it. All of his suggestions and instructions were spot on and I really couldn't have done it without his help. Suffice to say, he probably saved me hundreds of dollars. The job I did myself ended up being about 25 bucks.

He absolutely KNOWS his stuff. If you have ANYTHING that needs to be done to your TDI and you live in the St. Louis and surrounding area, this is the man to go to. Don't even consider a stealership. Please...don't.

Luckily, he is opening up a new shop in Eureka in March out here which makes him that much closer to me. My 2000 jetta is getting up in years so he will be utilized by me anyway.

For now, go to oilhammer.com and email or call him. He is easy to get ahold of and easier to talk to.

Maybe he'll post specifics about where/when the shop will be open for us.:)

Thanks, Brian.

- Jeremy

For searching purposes: Missouri, Illinois, St. Louis, Saint, mechanic, technician, work, Eureka, Union

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Thanks for the kind words, Jeremy! :D

Our shop will be open in early March, shooting for the 6th. It will be called Rising Sun Automotive and will be located at 18601 Hwy 66, near Six Flags.

Phone number is 636-271-7770, my partner's name is Charlie.

gbillman

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
Brian is MR VW in STL

I've known Brian for probably 6 years, ever since I bought my two 96 Passat TDIs in 1999 and 2000. I also have a 01 Jetta TDI he has layed hands on. The guy knows VWs and TDIs in particular like no one else I know of. I already emailed him and told him my green Passat will be one of his first projects. It hasn't run right in over a year, and I just haven't had the time to work on it.

I encourage ANYONE from the GREATER STL area (including western Illinois!) to take their car to Brian. You won't be sorry. The guy is as honest as they come.:)

rhodostoma

I second that notion! Brian has helped us service both of our TDI's over the last 5 years, and is a great guy who knows his VW's. I'd highly recommend him to anyone.

Congrats on the new shop Brian!

-Michael

Larry Larson

Veteran Member
I agree with all the positive stuff said about Brian. I drive all the way from Central Illinois to have this guy work on my cars. He just finished a major job on my Passat, and he's very competant, thorough and charges a fair price. Good luck with the new shop Brian, your new location will save me some driving time! Larry Larson

gbillman

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
Tomorrow's The Day!!!

Grand opening of Rising Sun Automotive in Pacific, MO, just west of Eureka and Six Flags. http://www.risingsunautomotive.com/ Dropped my green 96 Passat TDI off with Brian this afternoon. One of his first jobs. Great feeling to be able to drop my car off and KNOW the problems will be investigated fully and fixed, and at a fair and honest price. Hell, I don't even know what his rate is, yet I feel just fine with that. And, folks, I drove my car 50 miles to have Brian service it. I know others will drive even farther.:D

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. We're finally open, although we are still waiting on some equipment and state inspection station permit.

Nice that our first customers are Volkswagens! :D We've already scheduled enough TDIs to deplete our modest supply of parts, and we haven't even been through the first week :)

In the Spring after the outside of the building is painted I'm going to host a little Volkswagen event here so folks can check us out and show off their rides.