Highest odometer reading on TDI PD 150K or 200K ??

nmea2020

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG Silver 2006 JETTA DSG
I'm trying to decide on the new and improved or tried and true. PD vs. pre PD. There is very little maintenance info available and I don't trust the dealership wrench jockeys.
So what is the track record for the PD's or have they not been out long enough to tell.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Re: Highest odometer reading on TDI PD 150K or 200

I have 38k on my 04 Jetta PD.

TDINJ

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer own one.
Almost 26K miles on my '05 A4 Jetta. It's typical to have a few bugs to work out on new VWs, once fixed, you should have many trouble-free miles.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Highest odometer reading on PD ??

So what is the track record for the PD's or have they not been out long enough to tell.

Nonsense, the PD cars have been available in the rest of the world since 1999. The cars are no more problematic than the VEP cars - - I'd like to think they'd be superior once they get the software figured out for the USA cars.

I still favor the earlier cars as they typically achieve superior MPGs since they are not as clean as the newest offerings.

There was somebody down South that had nearly 100k miles, but it was very difficult to get any intelligible info from that person.

Welcome to Fred's, mea!

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
Re: Highest odometer reading on PD ??

I only have 48k, too early to tell... I'll let you know in a couple of years, at 36k/year I only have 4 more to go to break 200k.

RedT

Veteran Member

Mine PD150 is now 4 years old and 120.000 kms. Around here there some gossip about Mk3's going zero at 300.000 kms

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S

It's not gossip. The odometers in the A3 and B4 cars roll back to 0 when they hit 300,000. (Miles or KM, just whenever the display gets to 300,000)

-J

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Highest odometer reading on PD ??

There was somebody down South that had nearly 100k miles, but it was very difficult to get any intelligible info from that person.

Welcome to Fred's, mea!
I'm not in the south and I don't have 100K on my car.

BK

Veteran Member

No they don't. My 99.5 had 318,000 when I sold it.

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Well I'm working on it, my 2004 Golf is 1 week short of being a year old. So far 63,011 miles.

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Highest odometer reading on TDI PD 150K or 200K ?? *DELETED*

Post deleted by mctdi

ZipLock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Re: Highest odometer reading on TDI PD 150K or 200

40k here. Only minor problems: squeaky sunroof sunshade while opening, and one of keyless entry modules stopped working.

o2photo

2004 w/ 72,000 miles. I hope I wasn't the unintelligist.

My EGR cooler crapped. The EGR was blocked when we took it off. Other than that, everything's been OK.

Marc

Kier

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Limited Diesel Edition, DSG, Reflex Silver/Anthracite

41,0000 Miles, 2004 Jetta GLS PD Wagon, 5-Speed manual, Grey Leather-Indigo Blue: Flawless other than the EGR Cooler and typical dealership idiots. I have returned to the full 10K oil change intervals, keeping my car out of the dealer as much as possible. Thinking ahead to a Timing Belt change (and why not?). I plan to do mine at 80K instead of 100K. Does anyone know of any good privately owned shops within 200 Miles of Washington, DC??

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, could only find silver

htm... going to have to look up this egr cooler thingie. Mine's the 2004 with just short of 50k miles.

My problems are in the rear doors. I got some notice from VW that there was a problem with the rear doors (I hadn't noticed anything, but... what the hey!). Took it in, they worked for an hour. Now 50% of the time you can't open one or the other rear door.

I guess I should go back to them, but... I'm scared of them.

(oh, and yes! Please, where can a Maryland boy find a Timing Belt job?! (not there yet, will be soon enough))

sunline

Veteran Member
TDI
04 TDI Jetta

48,000 and egr cooler + fuel lift pump and pump relay only problems. Fixed well by dealer in Vancouver WA an no cost with renter to get me home.

thermographer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 2004 Wheat/Beige with Automatic Tiptronic, ESP
90K today.

First hiccup with the car yesterday morning.(Before Whitedog drove it
)
Parked it on a hill, nose facing up overnight. It started fine the next morning, and as I was backing out, the motor died. After about 5 or 6 seconds of cranking, it restarted. My guess is the fuel line drained.

Thanks, I won't forgot about the timing belt. I'll order the kit as soon as I get back home.

cobraser

TDI
jetta,2004,platinum
I have 82,000 miles on a 2004 jetta tdi and I only had 2 problems which the first one is the crank sensor would go out of calibration and tested out of spec. and now they say I have a egr cooler problem which I loose coolant and have to add every other day also I think the turbos wastegate goes wide open into default making the vehicle lose power like a diesel with no turbo.

OlDrifter

TDI
2011 Sportwagen Salsa Red

\I got some notice from VW that there was a problem with the rear doors (I hadn't noticed anything, but... what the hey!). Took it in, they worked for an hour. Now 50% of the time you can't open one or the other rear door.
Well.... good thing you got out when you did!! If they'd worked on them for TWO hours you wouldn't have been able to open one or the other 100% of the time. And if they'd worked on them for FOUR hours- you wouldn't be able to get in either back door at all!!!

Scary!!

Steve

jayp111

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a

Any of you high milage guys running BioD on their PD's have any feedback? Trying to get a feel for longevity if I start using B20 or more.....