Tech Sessions at TDIFest 2015

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Here is a list of confirmed tech sessions for TDIFest 2015.

------------------------------

How to repair sunroof drains by cfc1016 - Saturday 11:30AM - 12:15PM in the tent

Colin will be hosting this session outside under the tent on a Mk4 vehicle. 30 minute procedure + 10 minute Q&A. We might be looking for a volunteer vehicle - stay tuned.

DEF/SCR 101 by TDIMeister - Saturday 12:30PM - 1:15PM in the ballroom

Dave will be presenting a tech session on AdBlue, what it does, and how it works. This session will take place inside and incorporate the use of the VW self study program on AdBlue.

Keys & Immobilizers by AARodriguez - Saturday 1:30PM - 2:15PM in the tent

Andrew will have his key machine and programming software at TDIFest and will be doing a presentation on how the immobilizer works, how keys are cut, and what goes into getting new keys for your VW. After the tech session, Andrew's services will be available at his vendor booth. This session will take place outside under the tent.

P2015 intake manifold flap fix by Jim from Dieselgeek - Saturday 2:45PM - 3:30PM

Jim from Dieselgeek will be doing a session how to repair your intake manifold if you're getting a P2015 trouble code.

DSG How-to by Corey from IDParts - Sunday 10:45AM - 11:45AM in the tent

This session will cover the fluid and filter change on your DSG "automatic" transmission.

VCDS Beginner by compu_85 - Sunday 12:15PM - 1:00PM in the tent

VCDS 101 - a beginner's guide to VCDS and what it does. Scanning for codes, intro to measuring blocks and data stream, etc.

VCDS Advanced by compu_85 - Sunday 1:00PM - 1:45PM in the tent

A more advanced look into VCDS. This session will cover more advanced settings, customization, recoding, and adaptations.

Last edited:

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Keys & Immobilizers by AARodriguez

Andrew will have his key machine and programming software at TDIFest and will be doing a presentation on how the immobilizer works, how keys are cut, and what goes into getting new keys for your VW. After the tech session, Andrew's services will be available at his vendor booth. This session will take place outside under the tent.
Glad to see I will be able to get some keys made at the Fest! I will make sure to bring all my keys! :D

spacemonkeymafia

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2013 beetle!
Are there enough relative newbies coming that would be interested in an "Intro to TDI/TDI care 101"?

And, compu, I still volunteer my bug for a 40k demonstration (or whatever else you want to do to it)! ;)

Does anyone else have any requests for sessions or ideas of who/what you'd like to see at the breakfast session? Here/now's your chance to get what you want!

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I think it's only VW keys! ;)
If people want other keys, I just need to know ahead of time, we can make almost anything.

I hear you! It's a shame the car has to be present for the programming. I have several VW's I would like extra keys for.
Rental programming tools are available, you must have one working key to use them though.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
If people want other keys, I just need to know ahead of time, we can make almost anything.
Rental programming tools are available, you must have one working key to use them though.
Are you going to have key cases at the Fest? My keys work, but the cases are pooched.

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2003 JSW TDI 5MT ,2012 Jetta TDI 6MT, 2013 jetta TDI 6MT
Awesome. I'll be taking 2 for a VI

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
Still looking for cost of vendor space ?
I will be bringing my Beetle TDI/CNG Roadracer to the show. So if people wish to learn how CNG can play a part in HP and fuel saving on a TDI. I would gladly do a talk on it.
And light up some tires. I love the smell of burning tires in the morning its the smell of victory !!

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
I will be doing a DSG service How-To. I will be making a video ahead of time that I will show and take questions and answers. I will have my 2010 wagon there to show in-person the location of the DSG filter, and I will have a selection of tools to show that can make the job easier. I will also have my VCDS so I can show how to use the VCDS to determine proper temperature and fill level.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I just added another tech session to the list. Check the first post for updates!

Thanks to Jim at Dieselgeek (corrado tdi) for showing us how to fix an intake manifold P2015 code.

cfc1016

TDI
2003 ALH Wagon Auto; 2001 Beetle 5spd
re: donor vehicle - I received my replacement tube in the mail today. I will be replacing and modifying the driver front drain tube in my vehicle - no donor vehicle required. My experience is limited to front drain tubes on MK4.

THAT SAID... If you are bringing a vehicle and want me to replace and modify/help you replace and modify your drain tubes, send me a PM and I will link you to where you can cheaply procure good quality replacement tubes (yes, they are OEM and NO they are not the same poor quality material as the original tubes ***). If you bring your own replacement tubes, I would be more than happy to do the replacement for you/help you do it.

*** - Perhaps someone else is more knowledgeable on this subject. I have a hunch, however, that after the lawsuit, VW made a revision to the OEM tube, upgrading the material. It is a much higher quality pvc than the stock tubing. It is what I am using on my vehicle and I consider it viable.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I just updated the tech session list and included all of the assigned times. If any presenters have issues with the times listed, please contact me by private message.

BRMTDI

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI BRM PD140 Turbo, PD150 Injectors RC2+
Any chance you guys fix keys I had some cut they might need a minor adjustment

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Any chance you guys fix keys I had some cut they might need a minor adjustment
Check in with Andrew Rodriguez (AARodriguez Corp.) ... he can get you squared away with key-related things.