2002 Jetta tdi lock problems.

Rented_Sperry

TDI
00 Jetta ALH
hey guys. just had the weirdest experience and was hoping you guys could throw in a helping hand.

So i just bought a 2002 jetta tdi for my dad. i have a lot of experience with these. but not in this area.

So the window was stuck. took apart drivers door and found the wire was wrapped around the motor a couple of times. i have plenty of spares so i changed the whole inner panel. tried to undo all windows, nothing. tried my window, nothing. unplugged clip for window motor and plugged back in , worked fine. but only my window, i cant undo the passenger window from the drivers side, but i can if i use the switch on the passenger side. so i tried a different window switch, window motor and still no luck, checked fuse 14 and its good. im leaning towards this being more of the door lock actuator and that "my 3$ fix forum".

the weird thing is i can unlock every door with no problem except drivers, let me know what you guys think? i did dielectric grease almost all my connectors in the door but didnt help. im stuck here....

Diesel_K82

TDI
2004 Jetta
Definitely sounds like a typical gremlin. I have an issue where I can unlock all doors with the button, but the drivers side will not lock by power. I also can’t use the key in the door to lock/unlock. I think I need to replace the lock module.

Palka3

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
This is not a gremlin. This is part of VW's safety system. I had a similar problem years ago.
I believe to correct this you have to sit in the passengers side seat with the door closed, then unlock/lock the doors on the passengers side using passengers side switch. If that doesn't work insert the key in the ignition and repeat.
Go to http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=355194 for more tips Good luck.