Return to stock for the fix?

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Hey I have a 2012 Jetta TDI 6MT with a DPF delete and Malone tune. I'm looking to return it to stock so I can take the fix and don't have to worry about registration issues in the future. Is there much market to passing around the stock exhaust components to take the fix then share with the next guy?

What all do I need to get? DPF, EGR, cat, pipes, and some sensors? Tuner says it's easy to flash back to stock.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Everything that came off needs to be put back. Only you or the person that did the removal should know what was removed. The fix cannot be done when parts are missing/deleted. Sharing parts to get it done is a good idea, if you can find someone willing to loan out parts ($1000's) to others. They would probably have to be local as well.

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Even if it not enforced in your location, removing Federally mandated emission equipment is illegal.............

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately I did not do the procedure and don't have a means to contact whoever did. I was hoping to get some information on what I would most likely need in order to restore the system to stock, which is probably not illegal.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk