View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2018, 01:32   #13
lthomsen

UPDATE:

I removed the gas pedal and took it apart.
Everything looked new and working. I used a bit of contact cleaner on the resistor PCB and the connectors. I also had a look at the spring and gave it some grease.

When I took it apart I noticed that the plastic housing around the throttle arm can be adjusted a bit. Adjusting the plastic housing from the inner position to the outer position will adjust the idle revs from approx 850rpm to 1500rpm.
I wonder if over time the screws and plastic have loosened and resulted in higher revs after some driving.

I tightened the plastic housing in the 850rpm idle position and put the gas pedal back in place. It's now 3 days ago and I haven't seen the idle revs going to 1100-1200rmp since.

However, when i cleaned the connectors from the throttle arm to the resistor pcb, some of the very very very small connector-arms got rotated . I tried to but them back into place, but for me it was impossible. The gas response feel a bit weird, slow and lacking power. When i log the throttle position from OBD2 with Torque i get max 80%.

I'm not going to use more time fixing the old gas pedal, so I ordered a new(used) one.
lthomsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06697 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.10 Kb. compressed to 13.67 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.48%)]