View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2010, 16:03   #20
ChippedNotBroken
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50,45

Even if the filter is not a restriction, wouldn't the relatively small tube going down to the wheel become one at some point, or am i totally missing the point of the information provided by the manometer (which sounds like a totally awesome upgrade)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivbiwire View Post
Thats the point of using a manometer in my post above, there is NO restriction with the OEM filters even with performace tunes.

The OEM filter for a TDI has MORE flow capability (read larger area) than the filter on the Twin Turbo Audi S6 that can push north of 350hp and turn 8000 rpm.

The TDI already has a filter that is overkill in terms of flow, no amount of modifications can exceed its ability to flow unless you start adding cylinders to the motor, even then it can meet the demands of a V6-V8 turbo charged engine.

Also FWIW, the VW TDI filter has more area than my I6 and V6 CDI/Bluetec diesels pushing 220hp in stock form. I have the restriction data of those filters and at max power the total restriction at the turbo inlet at Maximum boost and full load is 3hPa!
Quote:
Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. TJ
ChippedNotBroken is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04911 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.78 Kb. compressed to 15.19 Kb. by saving 1.58 Kb. (9.45%)]