VCDS VAG-COM Locator

Evan03

TDI
2001 jetta
Anyone on Boise Idaho area?

Any WiFi to android devices yet.

Map noto working or maybe I don't know how to use it.

Skydvr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta MkIV
Anyone have or know of a hex-can f/s?? Looking to buy one

Or if I order one online not from Ross tech does it work properly and show the entire vcds interface?? (not vcds lite) and if I can do that is there any certain specs I need to look for in the cables?
None will allow interfacing with Ross-Tech's full software unless you get older versions. They aren't supporting non-Ross Tech interfaces and are phasing out their older stuff by offering upgrades. I'm sure it was getting to be a pain supporting so much hardware including competitor's stuff.

There have been a bunch of cables in the classifieds lately.
Map noto working or maybe I don't know how to use it.
The map is broken. Google changed some things.

Last edited:

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
OK I'll play. I'm in Dayton OH and Aylett, Va (40 mins from richmond). Half in Oh, half in Va until further notice. HEX-CAN

Last edited:

texas

TDI
2005 mk4 jetta tdi, 99 beetle tdi, 2002 beelte tdi
Hex-Can usb. Know how to do a few things, but love learning new things.

WookieNoiz

TDI
2002 Golf 1.9L TDI , 2004 R32 Supercharged , 2004 GLI w/ R32 Swap , 2008 A3 3.2 Quattro
HEX-CAN USB With Laptop Always In The Car .
Central Virginia Anywhere From Fredericksburg to Williamsburg For Work Normally Just South Of Richmond Va

nmea2020

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG Silver 2006 JETTA DSG
HEX-CAN USB...I Stay Pretty Busy but am willing to help if i can.
Pensacola Florida

02TDIred

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta (225K, retired), 05 JSW (334K, retired) 2012 JSW, SEL Gone, 2016 GSW/TSI/6A
Ross Tech… really ?

Why does Ross Tech (RT) sell a product (w/ technical hotline)… but refuse to provide info on location/phone of their VCDS owners so VW owners can contact the poor guy so (s)he can put their VCDS product to use ? :(

P.S. RT claims "privacy issues."

Last edited:

DieselHuffer

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI 5-spd
Why does Ross Tech (RT) sell a product (w/ technical hotline)… but refuse to provide info on location/phone of their VCDS owners so VW owners can contact the poor guy so (s)he can put their VCDS product to use ? :(

P.S. RT claims "privacy issues."
Because quite a few of us that own them dont appreciate having our info public. Id venture a guess that better than 75% arent doing this for money, and as such, have zero interest in being called for help or texted, or anything else if we didnt choose to do so.
You think thats not a privacy issue?
There is a reason this thread exists, and thats to share with those around who has it and who is willing to help.
Now, if you want to buy one, then put all your information on a public website, by all means, have at it.

Would you like your information public so that anyone can find out you own say a chainsaw, so that anyone can call and ask for you to put it to use for them?
How about your computer? I mean, someone somewhere might have a question related to your exact model, and that could help, so make that public too.

Hopefully you get the point that while this is a diagnostic tool, a large number of owners are not in the business of making money using it, and that its in no ones best interest to start publishing data on everyone who purchases any product.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta (gone), 2002 Passat (gone), 2009 JSW (VW bought), 2010 JSW
Anyone near Highland IL 62293? I want a VCDS, but the timing is just bad right now. Thanks!

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
The nearest I found was St. Louis as well...was hoping for closer.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
I am in Carbondale. still have my cable, and netbook, just need to install the rosstech software.
I appreciate the offer. I'd like to find someone a little closer, but perhaps I can make a run down there sometime. I'll let you know. Thanks!

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Folks, people don't peruse this list looking to offer help. You need to search, use the list/map, even try local groups, then contact them.
hth

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Micro can here. I'm in the Holland /grand rapids area of the mitten.

I'll change anything you want. You're responsible to write the coding before changing. I will drive away from a disabled car. Haha.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

babydoll

TDI
01 jetta 5 spd 01 golf 5 spd cruze diesel 9 spd auto 17
I need to get a vag com set up for myself , I have a good laptop , blue linking cable, and a cheap cd , I can connect to my car and read trouble codes , it comes up that I need to pay a $ 90 dollar fee to ross tech to go farther , which would be ok if it would
work. all help would be appreciated, just need some good sugestions thanks

djembeing

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDi
Ben, I'd be interested in seeing a current map. I'm in NE KY and in need of a scan.