Power seat memory????

Ramp Rat

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM; Case 580SK Backhoe; '06 Dodge 5.9 24V Cunnins.
I have a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM with a DSG (no sure that has anything to do with my problem but . . . . ). I can’t get the power seat memory to work on the Driver’s seat (only power seat in the vehicle). The seat moves in all directions and when I use the VCDS I can see all the switches and buttons “Activate” when pushed. So, in my simple mind, the circuits are working. However, when looking at the Measuring Blocks I noticed that the one showing memory shows Inactive.

I have tried to follow the owner’s manual in programming the memory buttons. I turned the ignition on (with and without the engine running). Also, not putting the transmission in Reverse (why would you want to do that anyway)? Press the “Set” button and then press one of the numbered buttons. Nothing happens. I've pressed the Set button and released it then pressed a numbered button. I've also tried pressing the Set button and holding it while I press a numbered button.
Can the seat memory be deactivated and if so, how do I reactivate it????
Thank you for any advice.
Steve.

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Going from memory from when I had my brm.

I think you pushed the number, then held the memory button until the chime sounded.

On mine, I had to pull the seat control button, open it up, and clean the contacts to get memory working. Believe the info for doing that was on myturbodiesel.com or here.

Here it is: https://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/how-to-repair-a-failing-power-seat-switch-on-vw-or-audi/

Note: my symptoms were the "possessed seat", so different than just not taking programming.

Last edited:

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
I can confirm that driving down the road yesterday I pressed the set button & then the #1 button. At that time I heard a chime & the memory was set.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Are the seats original with the car or did someone swap them in? I have power heated memory seats in my Golf but I just never hooked the memory part up. No matter how many times someone presses the memory switch nothing will happen on mine.

Maybe someone swapped the power seat in and never hooked the memory part up on yours.

Ramp Rat

TDI
I can confirm that driving down the road yesterday I pressed the set button & then the #1 button. At that time I heard a chime & the memory was set.

[FONT=&quot]Interesting, I haven’t tried to set the memory while driving. So, I’ll try tomorrow. :eek::D[/FONT]

Ramp Rat

TDI
Are the seats original with the car or did someone swap them in? I have power heated memory seats in my Golf but I just never hooked the memory part up. No matter how many times someone presses the memory switch nothing will happen on mine.

Maybe someone swapped the power seat in and never hooked the memory part up on yours.

I don’t think the seat has been replaced but the thought about the memory not being “turned on” brings me back to one of my questions. How do you turn the memory ON? :confused: