2013 Passat tdi se Ticking noise

Not_Agn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Se TDI
I have a ticking noise coming from the passenger side mid to rear of car. Did a search here and only came up with 2 threads. Its not coming from the front of the car. Its constant to. Not just start up . I have seen someone said its something to do with def pump/relay/etc. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak to me. But a new car wouldn't have that. I had it in the dealer 2 weeks ago to have the oil changed and I forgot to ask them about it. And they didn't say anything was wrong. Its very noticeable, so I can't believe they would have ignored it? Thanks in advance.

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
You might have found my thread. Your description is exactly what I posted about. I have heard it on other cars. Mine is just shy of 40k miles. I think its just another noise made by the car. I don't worry about it anymore.

skinnyv

TDI
13 passat tdi se
if its constant in low gear only (1st-2nd) it could be the door latch. They replaced ours as it was locking and unlocking on its own, behind the driver.

Not_Agn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Se TDI
The car is sitting idling. I only hear it outside or with the windows down. 5000 miles on the car.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
My wife called it a cricket, I've had the sound site day one and I assume it's the Ad Blue doing its thing