WTT 02 Civic Si for )01/02 Jetta Tdi

OUSooner

Or possibly Golf 4 door Tdi. Si is fully loaded with pw,pl,cc,cd,alloy,abs,eps,tinted window,ansa exhaust,syvania silverstar lights,garaged kept and adult owned,too much to list! 48k miles. Pm me or chris@4hismail.com.

OUSooner

I may not be too serious tomo! After looking trough the rest of this site and all the major problems with these cars I think I'll keep my trouble free Honda! I also just found out that the jettas are made in Mexico, MEXICO are you kidding me??? My Si is made in England and has never had a problem one. Also found out the timing belt has to be changed every 40k. I thought everyone has gone to a chain! The reason I was looking at tdi's is the milegae but hell I get 31 with mine and thats even at an occasional 7,000 rpm redline. So in the end I don't think the extra mileage is worth the extra worries! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

michael.

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K, silver
[ QUOTE ]
but hell I get 31 with mine...

[/ QUOTE ]

31mpg? Please. /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Realize you are posting on a TDI page - try 51mpg, then let's talk.

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
"Mexico, MEXICO are you kidding me???"
Not a very enlightened comment. There are no problems with Mexican built cars. This has been beaten to death. Do a search. Or perhaps you should take your "troublefree" car and scurry back to Club Si. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lojasmo

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW
7000 redline? Hmmm. My car has more 20 more ft/lbs of torque at 1900 rpm. Built in BRAZIL, 14,000 trouble free miles, and has an engine rated for around half a million miles. My car will still be running strong when the si is in the scrap heap. Have fun while it lasts, bud. I'm SURE you won't find a trader on this site. Maybe try the vortex.

Oh, my timing belt won't need changing for another 84,000 miles.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
You need to do a little more reading....
The only TDI that needed a 40,000 mile change were the 00-01 Automatics. Everything now is 80,000.
There are problem area's to be aware of yes....

Pevey

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, Tornado Red
Nice looking ride but I've done my Honda time and yes even Honda's have problems. I loved mine like a child but at 130k it was tired. Knock on wood but my Jetta is 120k young and strong as a horse and I think I'll keep it a while. /images/graemlins/grin.gif