Need info: full power seats for 2012 JSW - Paralyzed. Need Shifter info too.

Jyro24

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
First, I just purchased a 2012 JSW TDI and need Drivers Full Power seats or both. I'm paralyzed and will have a hard time pulling the seat forward. I'm get the hand Control added now but trying to find a set of seats, black leatherette full Power. Can someone tell me what models and years VW's have the Full power seats and that will fit? Also, need to know what issues I'll be running into if any?

Second,
I'm having trouble squeezing the trigger DSG new style shifter handle. I need to know what models have the side button shifter that will fit or even if it will fit. Thank you in advance I hope I can get some good feedback.
Chris

Past_VNE

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS 5-spd, '12 JSW 6M
Hi Chris,

I don't have any information for you, but wanted to encourage you to look further, as I have definitely read of it being possible.

Since it's not a TDI specific issue, you may also find answers at VWVortex, http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?5001-Volkswagen , though be warned that they can be an immature bunch over there, on occasion. Mostly, though, they're helpful and willing to share a wide variety of knowledge.

Good luck finding the info you need and enjoy the TDI! :)

Jaclyn

xeno555

Veteran Member
TDI
golf
Yea it would be hard to find seat compatibility. Though remember that even Audi seats may work also. Not to mention the other "brands" that VW owns. You could get someone to FAB up a bracket to adapt whatever seat you want.

As for the shifter, maybe replacing the spring with one that you can operate?

rambalu80

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW JSW TDI DSG
Not sure about the power seats but I know that pre 02/2011 JSW's came with the old side button shifters.

Fordcougar

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (SOLD)
Older DSG transmissions have a T style shifter, not sure if they are interchangeable
but its worth a look.

The 2012 Audi A3 offers a full power Seat, it should fit, I suppose the only issue may be
side airbag compatibility etc..

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Have you looked at ETKA? I am sure full functioning power seats are available in Europe. Might be cheaper to sell your car however.

veedubu

TDI
11 golf
I recall someone being pissed off because the euro cars had power/leather options. Contact http://www.bks-tuning.com/ , they only show the OEM recaro on the website, so you should call them. I also know RECARO Orthoped have power controls, call them also. You may want to call Recaro first becaue I think anything from germany will have the VAT, 20%(?) added to it, expect 5-7k before the VAT.

I don't think any of the tuning co's in the states can import the seats because of the federal saftey BS, but check with the bigger ones over here also, I could be wrong.

As far as the shifters, ask all of the above (except recaro) when you speak with them.

ALSO, because of the federal saftey BS, you may have problems getting your insurance to pay if your in an accident? I don't know...

And update us on what you find out. Good Luck!