Passat 1,9 tdi 1999. Problems.. Fuel?

TDI
Passat 1,9 tdi -99 110 hp
Hi I have recently purchased myself a VW Passat 1.9 tdi,
110 BHP 1999th The car dies without warning,
sometimes after a few hundred meters and sometimes at 1 mil.
After it dies, it is hard to start but after a while (few minutes) then start again.
Then it will run as normal for a little while then it dies again.
Does anyone know what the problem might be? Can it be fuelrelated?
Grateful for all answers.

TDI
Passat 1,9 tdi Help me...

Hi I have recently purchased myself a VW Passat 1.9 tdi,
After it dies, it is hard to start but after a while (few minutes) then start again.
Then it will run as normal for a little while then it dies again like I turned the key.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
He also could have a lift pump going. Go where it is quiet and have someone turn on the key, but not start the car. You should be able to hear a whirr of something under the back seat area. If it failing it might not make any noise. But as Tony says, go fuel filter first. Don't buy any thing off the rack. Get a good quality one.

TDI
Check the fuel filter as a first and inexpensive start, it may be clogged up.
I have changed the fuelfilter, I noticed that it had punctured one of the fuel return hoses between the injectors. Could this be the reason for my problem?

TDI
He also could have a lift pump going. Go where it is quiet and have someone turn on the key, but not start the car. You should be able to hear a whirr of something under the back seat area. If it failing it might not make any noise. But as Tony says, go fuel filter first. Don't buy any thing off the rack. Get a good quality one.
Thanks :) I noticed that it had punctured one of the fuel return hoses between the injectors. Could this be the reason for my problem?

TDI
This is the 110 hp engine, I dont think there is an diesel forepump? It is a dieselpump in the engine driven by a camshaft... Or I might be wrong.?

TDI
Passat -99 Where are the relays? 373, 219

Anyone knows where they are, where are they located on the car?

Reley : 373 fuel relay?

Relay : 219 data controller?

Thanks

tdi 110 bhp engine 1999

TDI
I just bought my passat tdi, 1999 and its not working. The car dies without warning,
Iv change fuel filter, hoses to injectors. The car is still not working...

My local vw dealer told me to by relay 373 and 219. I belive it is the same typ of relay as "relay 109" on anouther cars?

TDI
passat trouble code 00550 (Start of injection - control)

Hi I have purchased myself a VW Passat 1.9 tdi,
When I test it on vag computer this code shows..
passat trouble code 00550 (Start of injection - control)

I changed fuel filter and the hoses between the injectors.

Thanks

TDI
How many different types of diesel pumps, electric pumps and so on .. Passat tdi -99

How many different types of diesel pumps, electric pumps and so on ..? I got a Passat tdi -99 110bhp.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
You may be thinking that no body wants to help you but the majority pf Passat owners here are in North America where we only got the 2004 and 2005 models with the PD engine. Our Knowledge doesn't help you out much.

You may want to post in the TDI 101 section. It gets many more views and your your non-PD (i think) engine is more like some of the other VW diesles that were sold in the US.

Also, no need for multiple threads. A single thread with all your issues and questions will likely get better results.

Good luck,

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
It sounds fuel related right enough and no you don't have a lift pump, that's a PD thing. There's a guide around here for the sender unit in the tank, folk having bother with some check valve thing so they drill it out. I'll see if I can find the link and post it back here.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Fredrik, welcome.
Many of the relays on the B5 (and B5.5) series of Passat are located above a plastic panel above the driver's feet.
A few of these relays can be viewed through the fuse access panel, but there might not be access enough to reach through the fuse access unless you have very small hands.

Some other relays are located under the hood / bonnet at the base of the windscreen under a cover.

I don't know in which of those locations the relays about which you have asked might be located.

TDI
You may be thinking that no body wants to help you but the majority pf Passat owners here are in North America where we only got the 2004 and 2005 models with the PD engine. Our Knowledge doesn't help you out much.

You may want to post in the TDI 101 section. It gets many more views and your your non-PD (i think) engine is more like some of the other VW diesles that were sold in the US.

Also, no need for multiple threads. A single thread with all your issues and questions will likely get better results.

Good luck,
Ok, now I get it. :) I will go do that. thanks

TDI
I fixed it! The fuellines under the car was jammed. It started acting strange the day after I bought it. Priviouse owner must have hit a rock or something. The fuelline was so jammed that I cant realise how the car started in the first place... thanks for help

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
The 1999 110hp engine is the AFN and you will get your best advice in the mk3/b4 forum. It is basically an AHU engine with a Vnt turbo. Good luck