TDI Engine Rebuilders Toronto

troubletitan

TDI
Jetta MK4 & MK3.5 Cabrio
I need a good machine shop that knows how to machine and assembly the long block with all new internals in Toronto. Anyone know of a good shop they can recommend that know these ALH TDI engines.

alhdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta 5 spd TDI
My dad has been an engine machinist for 30 years and has rebuilt many diesel engines including VE and PD tdi vw engines. I am a industrial mechanic and apprentice machinist.

Personally I would just go to canadacatalyst and ask what they have for a good used engine.

Even with my dad doing the machine work for beer, by the time you source the new parts, you'd just be better off with a decent used engine with 250k km or less IMO

Otherwise , most decent machine shops are going to be able to build you an engine, these things are not rocket science.
My car has 585k and uses some oil

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Try Precision Tuning in concord or DCB Automotive (now near Orillia), they know these engines pretty well.

Freestyle72

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI
It's a good question he could be rebuilding for multiple reasons. I'll be doing the same myself soon. Nothing like having the peace of mind of a fresh build for anything.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Competition Automotive in Richmond Hill. Have been doing all sorts of engines for years. From race to daily drivers. Give them a call and see what they say. Local dealers use them.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
It's a good question he could be rebuilding for multiple reasons. I'll be doing the same myself soon. Nothing like having the peace of mind of a fresh build for anything.
What the OP is asking for is not a rebuild. All new short block internals means only the block is reused, everything else is brand new with 0 previous Kms. EVERYTHING new! This is going to be expensive!