Black MkIV "TDIR" Jetta "Quattro" on 18" in CA

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green
Picking up my cousin from school orientation yesterday, and I hear the diesel clatter behind me. This slight-looking middle-aged woman is driving a black jetta with aftermarket tail lights (they look like they came off a passat, but maybe ecs tuning or something), stock 18" rims, and on the back I see an Audi quattro badge under Jetta, and a post-mkiv TDI logo with a stock-looking R on it.

Just to be clear, this is all her son or husband trying to make it look fancy, right? I don't have to shoot myself now for not demanding she sell me the quattro jetta tdi on the spot?

On the off-chance that you're responsible for this car, I would love to meet you. No one else around here loves their TDIs.

skully

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2013 GLI Autobahn w/nav, 2014 BMW 328d wagon
Yeah, most of the time that's just someone getting funny with the badging. I used to have "4motion" on my TDI so that I wouldn't get hassled in tahoe about not being AWD. (People from places that actually get snow would laugh at how little snow it takes for CA to require chains. We're talking so little snow that you run more of a risk of breaking your chains than skidding.)

Did the tail lights look like this?