how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Last night on my way home from Wisconsin:

Getting close to 400K! Not bad FE on that tank, either, 52 MPG.

Car's 17 years old. Bought it new, so those miles are pretty much all me.

Last edited:

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
I turned 396,000 yesterday morning, so I'm about 396,150 as of now, give or take a few.

Like IBW, bought mine new so the miles on it are essentially all mine.

greggyc1

TDI
2001 New Beetle Cool White
272K miles over the course of 18 years commuting. Still on original clutch AND brakes (wear indicator lamp just came on)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I am just about to hit 563k, will do that on my way home tonight.

My driver's door weatherstrip is starting to fail. (sorry, had nothing more to report, LOL).

35 Yr Dsl Veteran

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Sport
Our 1998 Jetta TDI has about 275K miles, and still runs great. Everything of significance is STILL factory original. Only major item replaced was A/C compressor at 7 years old and 180K miles.

Black00Jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Black 5spd
Finally hit the 300k mark today! Bought it 1 1/2 years old with 21k and it took a little over 18 years to hit the mark. I am not a commuter and so the Jetta is a trip car.

Just changed oil, checked other fluids and will be heading out for another trip (3500 miles approx.) next week.

The other owners with much higher miles keep me trucking after them!

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
320 k , no real issues but at 315k i had to replace the injection pump (faults) and I did injectors at the same time not knowing I needed to but wanted to ( turns out one was starting to dribble a little bit).

Other than timing belt changes and fluid changes nothing else has really needed to be done with the car knock on wood!

b757236

TDI
2011 JSW 2015 GSW SEL
Now at 337,640!

I had to replace the original clutch and flywheel at 318,000. The clutch was actually in great shape....The flywheel was chattering at idle because the springs gave up. I installed the LUK kit. Works Great.

Last edited:

MTDewX8

TDI
2015 TDI Golf Sel 6m
Might as well have a little fun since IM new to the forum and new car to me.

I just bought a 2015 Hatch TDI 6m with 450 miles in the beginning of Oct 19.
just clocked over 1900 miles on the clock currently.

so I have a long way to go to catch up to you guys.

so far my fuel mileage has been above 37 consistently. still breaking in Im guessing.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
glowbug had 256k, but i sold it before it even hit halftime :confused: . My current tdi has 145k. I'm just starting the game. Kinda hate to have to start over, but I'm not really gonna complain lol.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
As of right now , sitting in a Mc Donald's drive through, I have
396742 miles ...

Only thing done engine wise (other than timing belts and related parts) , at 315 k was 11 mm pump and injectors.

Orig clutch, turbo and still have not cleaned the intake!

Looking forward to hopefully many more trouble free miles ...

Andrew

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My son saw this on his '02 Golf over the holildays.

That car is remarkable. He's the second owner, original owner had it serviced by a well known TDI guru and the car has been dead reliable. Original turbo, IP, head's never been off. Original clutch finally wore out at 330K. Otherwise it's only needed routine maintenance and wear items replaced. My son says it's a little disappointing to realize he'll probalby never own a car better than this one.

Slaterstm

TDI
2000 TDI Jetta
As of right now , sitting in a Mc Donald's drive through, I have
396742 miles ...

Only thing done engine wise (other than timing belts and related parts) , at 315 k was 11 mm pump and injectors.

Orig clutch, turbo and still have not cleaned the intake!

Looking forward to hopefully many more trouble free miles ...

Andrew
I had to replace the intake and EGR. It was cheaper to replace then to clean. But I have the original for the next time.

tom2turbo

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
Bianca is at 183,000. I bought her with 160,000 miles in February 2016 as a low expense solution while traveling for company business. That project ended after only a year. Since then I have put on less than 3,000 annual highway miles vacationing as I commute to/from the office and travel around the city by bicycle. My August vacation skewed 2020 as I rolled up 1,100 + miles in 2 weeks on an itinerary or Mt. Rainier, Snoqualmie Falls, Bellingham, Lake Wenatchee, Leavenworth, Seattle and Olympia. Great fun driving mountain back roads.

She replaced 2 Volvo 245 manual transmission wagons, Argent, a turbo with 165,000, and Vanessa naturally aspirated at 450,000 miles. Great cars, but the floors rusted due to windshield leaks.

Not much repair work other than annual maintenance, a Cam Sensor, and a Suspension Renew at 165,000 with new VR6 Auto springs, Bilsteins and associated hardware at the 4 corners. Original clutch, turbo, etc. I will install ID Parts Timing Belt kit as time allows from the MB T1N Sprinter project.

Last edited:

PradoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 Toyota LandCruiser LJ78 with ALH Swap
My ‘97 Jetta is at around 195k miles, my ‘91 LandCruiser with ALH swap shows 116k km on the clock, but the engine has somewhere in the neighborhood of 180k miles.

efeballi

TDI
2004 Seat Altea 2.0 TDI (BKD)
134k miles. I have only replaced wear items except that it ate a turbo a few years back. Did 42 mpg over 550 miles last week. Still feels more solid than the French s**tboxes people drive around here.