View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2019, 12:09   #11
rennsportmotorrad

Fuel Economy: 48.5
Default Tyres

I just new tyres on my 04 Jetta wagon about a month ago, I went with the Michelin defender H+T and love them so far, before that I had a set of Firestone Champion Fuel Fighter's I only put about 1200 miles on them and sent them back-(Firestone gives a 30 day try out free)--I didnt like them supposed to me a LRR tyre but my mileage went down & on a wet road the car slid sideways about 12 inches--broke traction--and I ride this road 5 days a week the only time I ever broke traction was with these Firestone's, --Before those I had Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tyres, Now I really like the handling the traction was great, these were an 80000. mile tyre. I had an issue with 2 of them -one never held air and was finally replaced and then was fine-the other was a road hazard issue that I had to battle with Firestone over but they finally fixed it, so now I have 2 left that have been on the car for 31K miles. I have them rotated & balanced every 5K, I check my pressures 2 times a week never fail. So I have 31K on an 80K tyre and they are 75% worn out--they will not go another 10K--So those are the tyres I have used --The Michelin's I feel will last a long time -my mileage is back up to 49-50 mpg average and they feel good and handle well, I have run Michelin's on other car's & Van's over the years and I always get more miles then they call for.
rennsportmotorrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06312 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.40 Kb. compressed to 13.96 Kb. by saving 1.44 Kb. (9.36%)]