View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2011, 08:50   #4
Chris Tobin
Veteran Member

Thanks for the corrections... Glad you liked the article, it was really aimed at the Truck guys that are thinking about selling their truck or getting some other daily driver to cope with the high fuel prices. I think it will still help those guys pick out a TDI and bring them into the fold, which will be good for all of us as they will mod them too and that will help the TDI performance industry as well and will in turn give us more and better parts available in the not too distant future.

Sorry I missed those differences. Also as of press time (around 4 months ago) there was almost no info available on the 2012 Passat other than it would have a TDI available and it was the same displacement as the other CR TDIs...

Almost every Walmart carries Diesel World and it is also available from most book stores. I have seen it at several other locations too but those are the easiest. It does sell out quickly on the newsstands around here anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWTDI09 View Post
Chris

I just read your (excellent) "VW TDI Spotter's Guide" article here: http://www.motortopia.com/dieselworl...559/#more-3559

I have one minor correction. The CBEA engine was only used in 2009. In the 2010 model year they changed to the CJAA engine. The horsepower and torque are identical, but there were some minor changes to balance shaft design and a few other tweaks. The new 2012 Passat uses a different configuration of the 2.0L TDI and it is called a CKRA.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. Now all I have to do is find someplace that sells Diesel World Magazine.
Chris Tobin is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06536 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 17.26 Kb. compressed to 15.64 Kb. by saving 1.62 Kb. (9.36%)]