Actual Purchases of 2015 Stop-Sale (NEW TDI's)

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
Months with (new) 2015 Golf TDI and couldn't be happier. Wife months with her 15 Jetta, same thing. Love TDIs!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Hate to bust your balloon but after the fix the car receives a 162,000 mile warranty so I hope you didn't pay anything for a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty...there is no such thing as an SLE either.....Maybe SEL?
But the new car warranty covers more than the court mandated warranty. If they got an extension on the new car warranty (for free) then that is something. Of course this thread is for new 2015 cars and theirs is used (another thread for these).

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
I looked at a white 15 buyback Passat SE, 6sp man, pretty loaded for a SE in metro denver at a dealer...they are asking ~19 & change for it...just under 36k on the clock...I think it is worth around ~16 k or so, but don't know if they will budge on the price...

the same dealer told me they had sold 25 of 27 NOS 15s with only a passat & golf dsg left ......not sure what a good offer might be at this point for their white buy-back with
`36k on the clock..??...Nice car, but not sure about paying what they are asking for it...they also had a variety of buy-back 15s across the line, many with 6sp man & pretty good options on them....

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
Hate to bust your balloon but after the fix the car receives a 162,000 mile warranty so I hope you didn't pay anything for a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty...
I assume he meant the 2/24 CPO warranty. And that's a bumper-to-bumper warranty, not just the limited coverage of the 162k warranty.

Miata

TDI
Golf
I looked at a white 15 buyback Passat SE, 6sp man, pretty loaded for a SE in metro denver at a dealer...they are asking ~19 & change for it...just under 36k on the clock...I think it is worth around ~16 k or so, but don't know if they will budge on the price...

the same dealer told me they had sold 25 of 27 NOS 15s with only a passat & golf dsg left ......not sure what a good offer might be at this point for their white buy-back with
`36k on the clock..??...Nice car, but not sure about paying what they are asking for it...they also had a variety of buy-back 15s across the line, many with 6sp man & pretty good options on them....
if that still have a NOS for 19k thats what i'd take

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
Except it isn't NOS as it isn't "new". Now it is just another used car.
Semantics, when I was insuring our 'new' 15 TDI SEL with the Hartford they told me any car was new for replacement reimbursement if it was bought with less than 150 miles on the clock.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
A new car is one that has never been sold to the end customer yet. They were talking about cars that had tens of thousands of miles on them. GEICO told me it had to be new (never sold before) and less than 15k miles to qualify for their MBI (mechanical breakdown insurance).

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
A new car is one that has never been sold to the end customer yet. They were talking about cars that had tens of thousands of miles on them. GEICO told me it had to be new (never sold before) and less than 15k miles to qualify for their MBI (mechanical breakdown insurance).

what is considered a new car varies greatly from state to under state laws....

In a few states all it takes to be considered new is to have never been titled to an individual....

while in a state like colorado over 200 or 250 miles(cannot recall the exact cutoff point) on the clock makes the car used.

in states with similar clock limit laws to colorado of what is new & what is automatically used the dealers have what they call demonstrator loaners. These loaners/demonstrators are there to allow customers to take a version of the car home for weekend to decide if they want the car they are looking at to keep regular cars on the lot from exceeding the states new car mile limits...

I should know this but I can't recall the limits & rules on what is considered new in NC right now...:confused:....too many years since I have had to deal with this in my home state I guess....
check your state's laws if you want a clear picture of what is what where you are....

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Oklahoma

Never Titled *new cars* can be staff driven 'til the cows come home.

Mileage, (and years) no issue.

First owner is the person who *TAGS*

Cheap range cars 'bout $1,000.

hoveldowns

TDI
2002 Golf (RIP) 2015 A3 (rose from the grave)
Bought Audi A3 TDI Premium Plus 9,638 miles in San Diego. Paid sticker price of $26,991

hoveldowns

TDI
There are a few VW out there with a stick, but they only appeal to hard core gearheads and ultimate mileage fiends. Unfortunately the market doesnt cater to fringe buyers.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
There are a few VW out there with a stick, but they only appeal to hard core gearheads and ultimate mileage fiends. Unfortunately the market doesnt cater to fringe buyers.
I don't consider myself either of those, but every car I own that can be bought with a manual has one. I just like driving them better.

I've even owned an Audi in the past (it was a manual). I like their cars. But I'll probably never buy one because they don't offer any manuals. except possibly the A4 by special order.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
That's laughable. A large percentage of tdi buyers prefer a manual. Hardly a fringe element. Maybe most Americans are too lazy or unskilled to drive a standard, but tdi buyers aren't really representative of most americans.

hoveldowns

TDI
If the market was there they would make more. From my anecdotal data collection (recent searchs for Golf tdi's near me on Cars.com)I found there are many more autos/manual. I didn't corelate but I'm guessing at least 5/1, your own data may vary...

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Did it ever occur to you that could be because people snatched up the manuals first? Or that they don't want to sell them?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I bet there are 100+ Automatic to manual swaps for every manual to auto swap.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I was told by the Late great Chris Farnham before I purchased my2015 Jetta SEL TDI that only 2-3% of TDI's were sold with a stick shift....
There were definitely way more automatics than manuals on the lot when I bought my car, but 2-3% seems low. Maybe on some models.

hoveldowns

TDI
There are very few either way. VW auto's are very expensive to replace, all manuals are near bullet-proof, so there are many good used ones available.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I guess I would prefer the term exceptional to fringe element or fiend. :)

hoveldowns

TDI
It was meant as a term of endearment. This is a fringe forum full of gearheads. The world will never understand