View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2004, 15:44   #6
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI
Default The absurdity of fixed percentage drivetrain loss

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind, while absurd, the fixed percentage is only an rough estimation, when using a chassis dyno

Given the limitations of the real world....we'll have to survive on estimations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and my intent was not to say that it is a wrong practise out of hand, but, if it's to be used, consideration must be put into whether a value of, say, 15% is valid, or just a "figure that everyone else uses therefore so will I." Also, it is important that given that we drive roughly similar cars, a figure -- whatever it is arrived to be -- is used consistently so that people get apples-to-apples comparisons; as best as can be had given the rough estimation nature of this calculation.

[ QUOTE ]
Could you please make a post (a guideline) of how a dyno should be specifically performed for a TDI and what are the different variables we have to be careful with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll defer that to others who have more hands-on experience on this sort of thing than I. In the meantime, I'm digging dyno plots to see if I find the data I'm looking for. Stay tuned...
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06740 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.33 Kb. compressed to 13.84 Kb. by saving 1.49 Kb. (9.74%)]