Any Tulsa Oklahoma TDi owners out there?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Share thoughts, ideas ~~ Coffee pot is always on:)

Personally conflicted with my choice of buy back or "fix."

2015 VW GOLF TDi DSG Silver < 4,100 miles ~ GEN 3

Might even try to sell it to individual via Ebay, C. L., TDICLUB ~~ to avoid the vw HASSEL

Bad consequence of the "fix" ~~ My fix amount is approx $6,700 but you have to wait 12(?) months for the last 1/3 of the $6,700

Good consequence of "fix" No need to pay TT&L on a new replacement car. No problems with changing insurance issues. ~ I really like the car ~ Only need to put on window tint

Right now KBB gives a PREMIUM retail evaluation on it ~ I might well assume that will be true in the future also.

With the fix comes a warranty that might be the best on the planet, and is transferable to ALL future owner(s)

If I did sell it to an individual, at least it would be over and done.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Yeah but if you sell to an individual, no one will pay you what VW will. You will lose money doing that most likely. Why sell if you really like the car? Get the fix and keep on trucking! I would say sell it back if you wanted out.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah but if you sell to an individual, no one will pay you what VW will. You will lose money doing that most likely.

Why sell if you really like the car? Get the fix and keep on trucking! I would say sell it back if you wanted out.

yup

first thanks for a reply

99 % sure no one is going to pay what the VW buy back is

But will not take less than that amount anyway. ~~ Most likely just wishin' ~~ one never knows what a person will pay

As I said I am conflicted to the MAX.

Part I do not like about the FIX is waiting for the second stage of FIX, and the waiting for the last 1/3 of the money:mad:

NOTE: If I do the BB, I can drive it for 'bout 15 more months, and the replacement will be 3 years newer than my 2015.

There might be a lot of up grades in the same price point on those newer cars ~~ 2018

That goes for VW, Toyota, Honda etc.

Anyway, Thanks again

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I don't see why the hell you care that much. You have 4100 miles on it. Just sell it back to VW and get something simpler, like a Corolla, or use your wife's car. With the little miles you put on your car each year anyways, having a TDI (or any diesel for that matter) seems rather pointless.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I don't see why the hell you care that much. You have 4100 miles on it. Just sell it back to VW and get somethingsimpler, like a Corolla, or use your wife's car. With the little miles you put on your car each year anyways, having a TDI (or any diesel for that matter) seems rather pointless.
As of this morning mileage = 4,130 ~~ and zero door dings etc. (so far) ~~ :D

For the goat herder to be giving advice is strange-weird-odd

Is it true you put goats in your car(s)? At least they do not eat the wiring. Right? ~~ :p

Whether I sell it back (or even sell to an individual) OR do the "FIX" will be governed on PRICE of a replacement, and what cash I can get for my Golf.

Not likely I would ever find an individual who would pay the vw BB price. Only way to know is put it on the CURB ~~ I might even discount it a buck or two to avoid the hassle of vw buyback crapolla - :eek:

If I did an individual sale, it would be beyond difficult to match up the timing to let go of mine, so as to get a replacement in my driveway.

Toyota, Honda, Nissan are all in the running for a replacement. (If that is the case) ~~ But a 2017 - 2018 GOLF (S) is at the top of my list. (Currently)

Next car will be a gasser -- Love my TDi -- and one is enough

Can't drive the wife's car ~~ she has a job -- :D

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Some (from my reading) have made a deal with a dealer on keeping their BB car in storage while completing a transaction for a new car now. If you want a new VW you might look into this yourself. Seems it would meet all of your criteria except for the perceived buy back "hassle".

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Some (from my reading) have made a deal with a dealer on keeping their BB car in storage while completing a transaction for a new car now. If you want a new VW you might look into this yourself. Seems it would meet all of your criteria except for the perceived buy back "hassle".
Good sounding strategy.

Might come to that.

I do need a driver, and getting a well priced replacement is only a matter of getting busy.

Funny you should comment on this thread. I just got off the phone with my local vw dealer. No Golf (S) AUTO in inventory ~~ which is why he did not get my business in 2015

And 2 hours ago, I got a call from a dealer North of Dallas ~~ right color, little high on price.

Regarding the "storage" situation, guess I might just keep it in the backyard ~~ risk would be OKLAHOMA HAIL and RODENTS ~~ Oh My

Guess the way to get busy = just finding a car and start making offers ~~ works every time. ~~ Naturally delivered to my driveway

One easy part, while I (might) prefer a 2017 Golf (S) TSI AUTO ~~ other brands will be OK ~~ with the right incentive.

Looking for 16% to 22% off of MSRP, depending on the particular unit

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I meant the dealer would store the car until buyback time, not you keep it in your backyard.
Thanks

If it comes to this situation, storing it there sounds better

Stored on cement-pavement = no rodents ~~ most likely

HAIL would not matter, as condition is not a factor in the BB

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I finally got off the dime - Listed on C. L. and here on TDICLUB

Priced it in the sky

But it is on the CURB

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
As of this morning mileage = 4,130 ~~ and zero door dings etc. (so far) ~~ :D

For the goat herder to be giving advice is strange-weird-odd
Says the guy who comments on damn near EVERY post, even if it's a 3-4 word response that would be better kept to yourself, and who also asks questions without reading prior threads or the FAQ.

Is it true you put goats in your car(s)? At least they do not eat the wiring. Right? ~~ :p
I don't see what the hell you care; it's not your car.

Can't drive the wife's car ~~ she has a job -- :D
At least someone does.