2015 Jetta SEL TDI

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
After owning a 2013 Jetta Hybrid for nearly 2 years....I rejoined the TDI ranks a month ago...
Requested this Specific Car thru the Great Chris Farnham at Burlington VW in NJ on Oct 3 2014 ......at that time he wasn't sure VW was going to pick-up the request! Because of high and expensive Options...... however they did pick it up and I ventured to NJ from DC area on the train in early February 4 months later! 4DR JETTA 2.0L TDI SEL 6-SPD MAN,Tornado Red Exterior, Titan Black Leatherette Interior,OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT:
Wheel Locks,Alarm Kit,Chrome Exhaust Tips, Lip Spoiler,Splash Guards,TDI Rubber Mat Kit,TDI Driver Assistance & Lighting Package!
anyone that knows me knows of my love for a Red Car!!
I have tinted the windows at 20% added a Euro Headlight Switch, Trunk hinge covers, Factory Warning Triangle install, Much more to come!!
It is Sweet!

Last edited:

Debra Morgan

Veteran Member
TDI
Memories of a fantastic 2015 Jetta
Sweet, glad to see another manual car on the forum. We just bought a DSG car because we have teenagers learning to drive in our household.

Love the Red, can't wait to see it with the mods.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Are you going to have it all spiffed up for show & shine?

FreshOntarioBeetle

TDI
2002 New Beetle ALH 01M
Like to see the 6speed here also as I suffer with an older car (that I still love) and an 01M (which I definitely don't love). Really like the red though. Don't see a lot of red cars anymore it seems. Nice ride :)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Congrats on winning Best in Show, Tom! You have that car looking really nice! :cool:

glong

TDI
jetta tdi SEL
I'm really wondering how you got the car with the 2 small gauges under the 2 big ones(rpm and mph) mine doesnt have it and its an TDI SEL 2015

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
you have to get the Lighting and Drivers assistance package which is about $1800 extra to get this Cluster
But includes a lot of neat stuff!

Last edited:

glong

TDI
jetta tdi SEL
OMG UGH.... i couldn't find the lighting and driver packages what are the gauges at the bottom?!

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDi Malone Stage 2, Rawtek.
Nice model tomo366,

Just purchased the sig car and in Canada the model is called comfort line and ours is a sports package so Manual 6 speed, sport suspension and I wanted the adaptive head lights which are a very nice option indeed also comes with similar pedals.

I'm wondering where you acquired the headlight switch as it appears you can turn on fog lights separately? Also just running lights separately as well?

Congratulations for best in show as well.

jrc

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Nice model tomo366,

Just purchased the sig car and in Canada the model is called comfort line and ours is a sports package so Manual 6 speed, sport suspension and I wanted the adaptive head lights which are a very nice option indeed also comes with similar pedals.

I'm wondering where you acquired the headlight switch as it appears you can turn on fog lights separately? Also just running lights separately as well?

Congratulations for best in show as well.

jrc
The Headlight Switch is a Euro Headlight Switch it allows parking lights and front and rear Fogs lights
Thanks it is a great car!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
1 year ago today I made the trip to Burlington NJ to pick up my 2015 Jetta SEL TDI from my friend Chris Farnham......RIP my Friend
Love this car it is about to turn over 19,000 miles ....

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Tomo, I have to ask; why did you opt for the black bra instead of a 3M clear stick on type bra? It's like you're hiding your beautiful front end for all to see. I love the way your car looks with the optional front air splitter.

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Tomo, I have to ask; why did you opt for the black bra instead of a 3M clear stick on type bra? It's like you're hiding your beautiful front end for all to see. I love the way your car looks with the optional front air splitter.
I love the Bra....I have used Car Bras on nearly all of my TDI's it protects the front of the Car on trips it comes off in 5 minutes, I hate the 3M it costs 3X as much and I have seen what it looks like after 3 years!
I will stick with the Bras

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I love the Bra....I have used Car Bras on nearly all of my TDI's it protects the front of the Car on trips it comes off in 5 minutes, I hate the 3M it costs 3X as much and I have seen what it looks like after 3 years!
I will stick with the Bras
I've never seen nor priced the 3M clear bras and after reading your post, I'm guessing they look like poop after a few years... I would have thought the clear bra would be cheaper than a full bra like you have, good to know.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
A local detail shop wanted $1200 to redo the clear bra on our V10. That's not including time to remove the existing one.

-J

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Clear bras are expensive, probably would cost $600 - $800 for Tomo's car. But the removable one is a PITA, IMO. Have to take it off when it rains to save the paint, can't really use it in the winter because road grime will mark the paint, they also get dirty. AFAIK clear is worth the money.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Clear bras are expensive, probably would cost $600 - $800 for Tomo's car. But the removable one is a PITA, IMO. Have to take it off when it rains to save the paint, can't really use it in the winter because road grime will mark the paint, they also get dirty. AFAIK clear is worth the money.
I have used COLGAN Bras on at least 6 of my cars.....they are built better the Cheaper brands (and yes more expensive) and you do not have to take them off when it rains, I have left them on 30 days at a time and have never had a problem with Paint issues....I do use it in the Winter and never have had a problem. I will stick with the Bras.....

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Clear bras are expensive, probably would cost $600 - $800 for Tomo's car. But the removable one is a PITA, IMO. Have to take it off when it rains to save the paint, can't really use it in the winter because road grime will mark the paint, they also get dirty. IMO clear is worth the money.
Just saw this post. Fixed it for you... :D