'03 Jetta TDI before/after eyelids

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
Subtle change but I really like the way the eyelids make the car look. Purchased through eBay and were delivered within 5 days of purchase color matched for under $40 per set.

Before:

After:

Last edited:

Pika99

TDI
Jetta GLS 1.9L 2004 sedan
Front grill

I just purchased an 04 and the grill is the same without emblem. It that some sort of style or was it damaged and replaced?

Thanks!

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
I just purchased an 04 and the grill is the same without emblem. It that some sort of style or was it damaged and replaced?
Thanks!
What? I purchased the aftermarket grille because it was without any emblem.

Isn't this thread about the eyelids? :p

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
Thanks!
That is a Kamei (style) grille. It is a look that many people like, but to do it right the hood needs to have the notch welded in and repainted.

Electrodynamic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta/Bora TDI
That is a Kamei (style) grille. It is a look that many people like, but to do it right the hood needs to have the notch welded in and repainted.
^ The grille that I have is not a Kamei - I have a hexagon style grille that looks far better than the Kamei mesh grille. I know this because I have owned both grilles. My previous car (silver '03 Jetta TDI) had a Kamei grille and it looked pretty good but this hexagon grille looks 200% better.

I also agree about the notch in the hood being fixed. I think about that notch every time I look at the front of my car. I'm envious of people who have had the work done to remove the notch and have a flush bottom section of their hood. :cool: