Ross-Tech needs some help

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
We'd like add a proper "Readiness" screen for TDI's. We've got the info we need for newer ALH engines, but it would be helpful for people with a 1997-1999 AHU (Mk.3 Golf/Jetta or B4 Passat) to check Meauring Block Group 17 and post *exactly* what you see there. In fact, it would be great if you could check it, then clear fault codes (even if you don't have any) and check again.

TIA,

-Uwe-

ALCO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 A3 Jetta, silver/2005 B5 Passat, silver
1999 Jetta AHU. Measuring Blocks shows no data in group 17 at all (fields are empty). Attempting to access the Readiness function instead of Measuring Blocks results in the message: "Readiness Status Not Available! Vehicle not OBD-II compatible? Data:0A 2B 00 00"

No change in either function after clearing codes. VAG-COM Release 311.2-N. Was this a trick question? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
[ QUOTE ]
Was this a trick question?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not at all. On the newer ALH's there's Readiness data to be had there. Honestly, I had no idea what if anything would be there on an AHU. Thanks!

-Uwe-

baddog8it

Curious if READINESS codes even work on AHU???

Any new data on this subject? I have a '98 Jetta TDI w/ AHU engine. Emissions testing is telling them that the EGR readiness code is not complete yet. It has been over a year since I have disconnected the battery, yet I can't get the EGR to the READY state. From what I can tell thru using VAG-COM, only 01 (engine), 15 (airbags) and 56 (radio) even do anything on my USA Jetta with manual tranny. Scanning 01 shows no problems, but when doing a READINESS check, it comes back with "Readiness Status Not Available! Vehicle not OBD-II compatible? Data: E7 11 20 20".

I'm beginning to think that it may never work, but I only get a 30 day extension on my plates with proof of failure caused by READINESS codes.

Even with the VAG-COM, I'm getting nowhere fast!

Here's my log file:
Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 21:06:55
VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-US

Control Module Part Number: 028 906 021 JB
Component and/or Version: 1,9l R4 EDC G40SG 1457
Software Coding: 00002
Work Shop Code: WSC 00066
No fault code found.

I've tried reading Block 017, but it just won't read it. It just hangs....

Any input is appreciated!

Ifixit

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 Passat GLX TDI Wagon & 99 Golf & 05 Passat 4motion Manual & 04 Audi A4 Avant
When I check reddiness for vt state inspection on an 97-98 jetta or a 97 B4 passat I use the generic OBDII function/protocol of VagCom or equiv to check it.
That is the only way to check readiness on theese controllers that I know of
028 906 021 GQ
028 906 021 FA
028 906 021 ED
028 906 021 JB

Last edited:

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
You guys do realize that this thread got bumped up from 8 years ago, Right?

I'm pretty sure he got the information he needed a long, long time ago.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Any new data on this subject? I have a '98 Jetta TDI w/ AHU engine. Emissions testing is telling them that the EGR readiness code is not complete yet. It has been over a year since I have disconnected the battery, yet I can't get the EGR to the READY state. From what I can tell thru using VAG-COM, only 01 (engine), 15 (airbags) and 56 (radio) even do anything on my USA Jetta with manual tranny. Scanning 01 shows no problems, but when doing a READINESS check, it comes back with "Readiness Status Not Available! Vehicle not OBD-II compatible? Data: E7 11 20 20".

I'm beginning to think that it may never work, but I only get a 30 day extension on my plates with proof of failure caused by READINESS codes.

Even with the VAG-COM, I'm getting nowhere fast!

Here's my log file:
Wednesday, 29 February 2012, 21:06:55
VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-US

Control Module Part Number: 028 906 021 JB
Component and/or Version: 1,9l R4 EDC G40SG 1457
Software Coding: 00002
Work Shop Code: WSC 00066
No fault code found.

I've tried reading Block 017, but it just won't read it. It just hangs....

Any input is appreciated!
And even after all this time people still think unhooking the battery will do anything on this car. Do they not read anything about waht they are trying to do?.

baddog8it

And even after all this time people still think unhooking the battery will do anything on this car. Do they not read anything about waht they are trying to do?.
What makes you say that? If you are referring to me, I disconnected the battery for other reasons, not the reset the ECM. If you read carefully, it has been many months and I am still seeing a "NOT READY". That is what I am trying to solve.

When I check reddiness for vt state inspection on an 97-98 jetta or a 97 B4 passat I use the generic OBDII function/protocol of VagCom or equiv to check it.
That is the only way to check readiness on theese controllers that I know of
028 906 021 GQ
028 906 021 FA
028 906 021 ED
028 906 021 JB
The generic OBDII function/protocol doesn't work for me - I see almost the exact same thing as ALCO except for the data code at the end of the statement.

You guys do realize that this thread got bumped up from 8 years ago, Right?

I'm pretty sure he got the information he needed a long, long time ago.
Yep, but the answers are still not available yet are still needed.