Audi A4 3.0TDI new record? 505hp 980nm

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Audi A4 3.0TDI 505hp 980nm

Well guys managed to hit my target of 500hp

So what’s changed? As you know my s200v has been put up for sale to make way for unique turbo.
EFR7670 with S300v housing :) its a watercooled roller bearing turbo with really nice wheels -

CW:76/57
TW: 70/61, gamma-Ti alloy, lower density (and thus inertia) than conventional Inconel alloys

Thanks to Ruben for all his work on the turbo top job.

I've been driving for approx a month tuning it and trying to get it right for a power run. Its been task to balance spool Vs surge - for example more spool is possible but then get surge so the short term workaround is to run less boost. Long term would be to leak off some air via ECU controlled valve.
So yes it does have lag but it still have same torque as a stock 3.0tdi @ 2.2k in its current form.

Dyno

We turned up on a BMW day ;)

Smoke test Video:

https://youtu.be/kX7h95M7adI
(captured by Jay)

The turbo is really a monster and still has more scope, but I'm out of fuel. I guess with larger injectors 550hp would be on the cards.

EGT's - 900deg
Stock engine (apart from valvesprings)
Stock exhaust apart from downpipe
Stock gearbox
No smoke

Cheers
Bobby

Last edited:

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Nice!
Love how clean it's running.
Very interested to see how the alloy turbine does in the oxidizing exhaust stream.
Also interested in using compressor bleed air to avoid surge. Works on big aircraft engine compressors, no reason it wouldn't on these compressors.

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Great result! Congrats! Good to know the tiptronic is holding the torque.
Any remap to it, or just the normal service filter and oil?

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Good going, these V6's must have much better porting than the 2.0's!

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Nice!
Love how clean it's running.
Very interested to see how the alloy turbine does in the oxidizing exhaust stream.
Also interested in using compressor bleed air to avoid surge. Works on big aircraft engine compressors, no reason it wouldn't on these compressors.
Thanks - yep I actually hate smoke and its my everyday ride so needs to be road friendly.

Great result! Congrats! Good to know the tiptronic is holding the torque.
Any remap to it, or just the normal service filter and oil?
Mac - the 6hp 28 is really strong - stock sw. Only thing I was service it maybe 20k ago.

Very nice!
Thanks

great result bobby !!
Cheers Raf

Good going, these V6's must have much better porting than the 2.0's!
Thanks Ryan - yes goes very well. Regarding head I suspect they are same but I have no flow data to confirm.
But I wouldn't like to try this on stock valve springs.

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
your sig needs an update!

eddie_1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 TDI tuned to 170HP, A6 Wagon 2008 TDI 2.7L tuned to 340HP
Congrats! Great Autobahn car. Probably give a stock RS6 a good run and go up to like 333kmh. How far are you pushing it in RPM? Plot stops at ~4600rpm.

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
Congrats! I see rpm sensor on the turbo, care to share the figures you see?

Turbo Z

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A2 mercedes c270
Nice work Bobby
May I ask what boost and rail pressure you are running now, still a cp3-110 pump?

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Thanks guys - power is flat, but in S I can change just at 5k
Turbo speed voltage needs confirmation as the reading is too low at the moment.
CP3 R90 hpfp

1.4TDI PD

TDI
2.5TDI V6, 3.3TDI V8,3.0TDI V6,1.9TDI PD100
really nice build and a lot of power for the A4 it"s a great sleeper.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
I really like the thought that the "off the shelf" s300v with similar inducer was not quite good enough.

Ground breaking work done here and thank you for sharing !

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Im sure a stock s300v will also work very decent. but nonetheless my vision is that you should always raise the bar for yourself. stock s300v was just too easy =)

the efr has some distinct advantages, which come at a price. but hey :D

I heard turbo speed is along the lines of 120k, and at WOT boost>emp from 2500 till 4000 rpm

Yucca

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH 388bhp, Polo 6R 2.0TDI CR GTC1752VZ
Good job Bobby!

S360V (S300 with 60mm compressor inducer) is cheaper option for big power 3.0 liter build.

altz1

Veteran Member
TDI
A8 4H 4.2TDI, Cayenne 4.2TDI, 6.0TDI
Congrats! :)

Plastic manifolds are still in one piece? :D
Those valvesprings are something you sell or where these could be sourced? Id be probably interested in a set too.

Last edited:

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
I really like the thought that the "off the shelf" s300v with similar inducer was not quite good enough.

Ground breaking work done here and thank you for sharing !
Just to be different :)
Cheers Andy

Im sure a stock s300v will also work very decent. but nonetheless my vision is that you should always raise the bar for yourself. stock s300v was just too easy =)

the efr has some distinct advantages, which come at a price. but hey :D

I heard turbo speed is along the lines of 120k, and at WOT boost>emp from 2500 till 4000 rpm
That reminds me - anyone using one of these in the future just be careful as the formula listed is incorrect.
http://www.roadragegages.com/tss.htm

I have two of them and will confirm if they are both same or not. Pretty bad of them tbh.

Good job Bobby!

S360V (S300 with 60mm compressor inducer) is cheaper option for big power 3.0 liter build.
Thanks :) I didn't test but if I had a leak off spool would be sooner than regular S360v. Would be nice to see.

Great result !
Not easy to achieve !
Cheers

Congrats! :)

Plastic manifolds are still in one piece? :D
Those valvesprings are something you sell or where these could be sourced? Id be probably interested in a set too.
Thanks
Drop me a PM

Last edited:

eddie_1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 TDI tuned to 170HP, A6 Wagon 2008 TDI 2.7L tuned to 340HP
I did a comparison of the 2 turbos from the previous dyno and you can see about overall energy transfer difference ~6% over rpm range (2300-4600) when integrating (trap. rule) over rpm.

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 RS4 Titanium 3.0TDI & 2013 Touareg TDI & B6 S4 BHW Swap Biturbo
Congrats on breaking the 500 mark very impressive! Looks like i need to get moving your beating me to the chase. I have everything i need for these results and im very excited my 2.0 compound build has me distracted lol
I would also be interested in a set of springs since my engines apart now anyways cheers

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Congrats on breaking the 500 mark very impressive! Looks like i need to get moving your beating me to the chase. I have everything i need for these results and im very excited my 2.0 compound build has me distracted lol
I would also be interested in a set of springs since my engines apart now anyways cheers
If you had some bigger nozzle for sale that would be good ??

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Bobby its good performance, and good you are not in jail like Jamie is saying for testing your car.
Raffshore we wait the 100-200 performance from your record holder :) , please stop trolling.
Offer us some facts instead of so much blabla.

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
Bobby its good performance, and good you are not in jail like Jamie is saying for testing your car.
Raffshore we wait the 100-200 performance from your record holder :) , please stop trolling.
Offer us some facts instead of so much blabla.

Hard to do 100-200 when your car is in bits. ;) ;)