TDIFest 2012 coming to Ypsilanti, MI

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI Premium
Congratulation Lawson and crew. I look forward to another great TDIFest like the one you folks put on in DC. That one was awesome!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Thanks! We have another great crew this year and I think Ypsi is going to be a great location. :D

detroitmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat DSG
Ypsi huh? Just bought my first TDI a month ago. Nice timing. Definitely will swing by.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Well, last year I planned to be in Lexington, but bailed out at the last minute because of a new house purchase in August changed my plans.

This year, no new house! Just have to keep paying for the changes to the house she wants. Anita wants to meet old friends in Ohio, so she will want to go to the TDIFest (we had a good time in Portland). We need to be back in San Diego on 9/8/12. So we will plan our trip accordingly.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Sounds like it's going to be a great road trip! Looking forward to seeing the B4V.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Send me a PM with your information and I'll pass some information along to you. :cool:

GLI-TDI

TDI
'86 Jetta GLI/TDI
Michigan? That's just around the corner! I'll try and round up some other diesel freaks here in Madison and make the cruise out there.

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
This should be my first TDI Fest. My '04 Jetta needs some mods. Looking forward to it and to meet so many good people, who are willing and able to help.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Yeah I just started a job with 5 weeks vacation so I will burn some of it for this event. I think the ferry would be fun too as we are coming from Minneapolis MN. Maybe burn a day in Benton Harbor as that is the site of the first date with my wife.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Great choice. Maybe I'll make this one: my TDIFest attendance rate has been pretty pathetic these past few years.

TDIGUY03

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI BLK/BLK (SOLD), 2015 Golf TDI SE, 2011 Golf Sportwagon TDI (Traded for 2018 Atlas)
I will make sure I am there for this one.
I could stay at home and drive back and forth each day and still only go through one tank!

b166er

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Wow... I'll be 90 miles away in Port Huron sometime this summer. Port Huron is the first leg of my roadtrip from Kansas City and will total about 6200 miles!

Chuckler3

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta 5sp (Alaska Green) 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI BEW 5-sp
looking at roughly 1400 miles from where I'm at in Texas.. might be an interesting trip if i can get some leave days ok'd. Sounds like fun though. Is there some kind of sign-up or deadline for getting reservations in?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Would be awesome if you could make it up from Texas. Registration will open sometime in the spring... Not sure when exactly because we are rebuilding the registration system from scratch. Figure the deadline for making a hotel reservation will be a month before the event.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Would be awesome if you could make it up from Texas. Registration will open sometime in the spring... Not sure when exactly because we are rebuilding the registration system from scratch. Figure the deadline for making a hotel reservation will be a month before the event.
But that's usually just the deadline for the discounted rate, right? If someone finds out a week before that they can attend, it doesn't mean he/she can't register and attend, they just won't get the discounted rate and may need to stay off-site if the hotel is full.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
No guarantee that the hotel won't be sold out is all I'm saying. People are welcome to register for fest as late as they wish, although they will miss out on early bird discounts. Food deadline is usually 3 to 5 days before the event.

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Looks to be about 9.5-hours and 600-miles away from me. That's a few hours further than I like to travel to cover events but I hope that I'll be able to make the 2012 event and cover it for Diesel World once again. If I make it again, this time I'll event enter my car in the show-n-shine and run it on the dyno!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
That'd be really cool, Chris. Hope you can make it!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Ypsi on Labor Day

My wife has family living in Dundee, Monroe and Carleton. Most of them head south to Kentucky on Labor Day weekend........:D

Tylas

TDI
2002 Jetta Sedan
In Ypsi!

This is awesome! I have been going to Eastern Michigan the past two years and the only way I was able to afford going to school is because of my '02 Jetta TDI :D

I would love to come and join in on the fun!

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
But that's usually just the deadline for the discounted rate, right? If someone finds out a week before that they can attend, it doesn't mean he/she can't register and attend, they just won't get the discounted rate and may need to stay off-site if the hotel is full.
Off-site hotel would be quite a bit out of the neighborhood as Ypsi is not known for its accommodations. But not a big tragedy as a couple of exits west on I-94 (at State St. in Ann Arbor) you can find Motel 6 and several other roomatoriums that live off of the football trade.