Radio upgrade

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I want to put a better nav headunit in place of the basic one in there now (BT and Sat currently). I have a new 2015 Beetle and would like a VW unit to upgrade to. Any suggestions?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Talked with Bill at Eurozone Tuning and got a like new RNS315 for $329. It should be a plug and play installation and adds nav and keeps everything else.

GTOguy

TDI
'13 Beetle TDI 6spd, Rawtek/Malone 2.0 Eco
Keep us informed as to how this works out. May do the same if it's easy.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Performance of the engine? It is a new car, left over 2015 from the dieselgate scandal. It runs like new as it is new. Only 244 miles on it when bought. Due to the long, long extended warranty (11 years/162k miles) it won't be upgraded performance wise for a long time if at all.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I had no nav before. My 2013 Passat had the RNS510 and it was slow. Others had talked about the RNS315 being somewhat faster. The 315 was a good buy vs the 510 so I bought it. It will do what I want. I haven't installed it yet though.

fastcar4re

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL (purchased as "new" in May 2017).
Did you get the RNS315 installed? Pay close attention to your FM reception. There have been some owners of this unit, me included, whose FM reception is not clear. The reception is not static, but rather "up and down" in terms of broadcast/reception/output such that it is like listening to someone sing who raises and lowers his/her voice a few times a second.

maybe368

Veteran Member
TDI
Happily none
Rns315 with nav

I turned my Bug in, but I still have the rns315 with BU camera input that I had installed, I left the camera on the car so there would not be a hole in the bumper. It worked beautifully, including the FM. I also have the GPS antenna. It is in beautiful condition and it is 200 dollars. I am in Mexico until mid Feb, but if you want it, first come, first served. I did it myself and you will need a ross tech or similar to tell the car that it has nav and BU camera, easy peasy...Mark