Tennessee Member Sound-off

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
TNRiverjet here in Nashville...

I know we have a few members near hear. St. Hubbins, AppleTechTN, Logan?..

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
I think there needs to be a G2G in the works. Anybody planning on going to the Appalachian Diesel Works G2G Oct. 20th in Asheville?

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
Not me. I'll be finishing up a week in Costa Rica with my wife... Sounds expensive, but my company sends us on a trip each year if we meet/exceed targets! No kids allowed!!!

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
Knoxvegas here. I will try to make it to the Asheville gtg, provided work allows. For those of you needing assistance; I do a fair amount of wrenching on ALH cars and have VCDS and most of the specialty tools.

The Shootist

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle GLS TDI
Chattanooga...checking in.

Can't make Asheville, the wife had open heart surgery last month. It'll be a while before we can do any trips.

There is a real nice KOA in Asheville though. It has private ponds stocked for fishing.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
Chattanooga...checking in.

Can't make Asheville, the wife had open heart surgery last month. It'll be a while before we can do any trips.

There is a real nice KOA in Asheville though. It has private ponds stocked for fishing.
Never thought about KOA! Thanks. I believe I found my accomadations for that weekend.

Should be pretty good weather to do that and some nice scenery too.

perfuse

TDI
2012 Golf
Murfreesboro here

Work in the Nashville area and was wondering where the best places to fuel up were. Any premium diesel spotted/confirmed?

Picked up my 2012 MKVI Monday... first TDI and loving it.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
A lot more of us than I ever thought. We need to look into G2G's and maybe a monthly dinner meet up etc....

OsirisTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Tech Package DSG Golf, Executive Egg
This summer while browsing the dealer inventory on the local new car lots, there were many VW TDIs available... Golf, Jetta & Touareg. Nice to see more diesel cars going down the road.

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
Murfreesboro here
Work in the Nashville area and was wondering where the best places to fuel up were. Any premium diesel spotted/confirmed?
Picked up my 2012 MKVI Monday... first TDI and loving it.
Congrats on the new TDI. I have not been able to confirm premium diesel anywhere in mid-TN. I'm sure there is some. We just need to lock it down. Maybe we could reach out to Hollingsworth Oil or some other supplier to see where they supply premium.

I usually just try to pick a station with high turnover, ie. a truck stop or station near the freeway. You have several good choices along I-24.

cmnspwr

TDI
'96 Passat
Jackson here. Still looking for a TDI though! If anyone knows of a MKIV 5 speed for a reasonable price, let me know!

tempokat

TDI
Brand new owner of a TDI in the Nashville area. Had my JSW for less than a day then experienced this:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=3939352#post3939352

My wagon is now back and thrilled with the change from my former ride (2000 Toyota Sienna). My kids are spoiled by the pano sunroof. :D They turned up their nose at the 2012 Accord we had as a loaner because it didn't have one.

Will be taking my first long distance trip with it next week and looking forward to the drive to Florida for once in my life.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
Brand new owner of a TDI in the Nashville area. Had my JSW for less than a day then experienced this:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=3939352#post3939352

My wagon is now back and thrilled with the change from my former ride (2000 Toyota Sienna). My kids are spoiled by the pano sunroof. :D They turned up their nose at the 2012 Accord we had as a loaner because it didn't have one.

Will be taking my first long distance trip with it next week and looking forward to the drive to Florida for once in my life.
Congrats on the purchase and being part of the club! Sorry about your misfortune though. With so many of us now around it seems like we need to plan a G2G. Nashville seems to be the central hot spot. Me and Cmnspwr are the only members on this side of the state, everybody else is Nashville or Knoxville area with a few Chattanoogans.

perfuse

TDI
2012 Golf
I'm about to fill up my first tank of gas since purchasing my MKVI. Trying desperately to find a high volume source of decent brand fuel.
My other alternative is Pilot + Diesel Kleen, the later of which i'd rather not deal with.

So where is everyone filling up in the Nashville area?

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm about to fill up my first tank of gas since purchasing my MKVI. Trying desperately to find a high volume source of decent brand fuel.
My other alternative is Pilot + Diesel Kleen, the later of which i'd rather not deal with.

So where is everyone filling up in the Nashville area?
Any station with a decent diesel turnover will be suffice. I run Daily's B20 when I'm there and low on my B99. With you having a 2012 you don't really have that option. Pilot/Flying J, TA, & Loves will all be good choices for you. When I can't get any bio I will run my additive of choice, MotorKote.

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
Any station with a decent diesel turnover will be suffice. I run Daily's B20 when I'm there and low on my B99. With you having a 2012 you don't really have that option. Pilot/Flying J, TA, & Loves will all be good choices for you. When I can't get any bio I will run my additive of choice, MotorKote.
I think, in my travels, that I stopped at the Daily's in Lebanon. They had good B20 and it was cheaper than dino diesel - you know, the way it should be. Pilot seems to at least be consistent, maybe not the greatest, but consistent. If you're passing through the East Knoxville area, the Pilot station off Strawberry Plains exit has B20. I typically use DieselKleen whenever I am not running bio. ymmv

Caveblazin

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Nashville/Spring Hill area here.. anyone have VCDS/Vagcom? I'd love to get together cause I have so many things I need to look at on another MK4. My car was a rebuild and several things were left off that I'd like to slowly start to replace but have no reference point. Let me know if yall want to have a get together..

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
Nashville/Spring Hill area here.. anyone have VCDS/Vagcom? I'd love to get together cause I have so many things I need to look at on another MK4. My car was a rebuild and several things were left off that I'd like to slowly start to replace but have no reference point. Let me know if yall want to have a get together..
I have vagcom. But I'm 2 hrs west of you. If we wanted to do a g2g Nashville seems to be the central location.

Anybody have a location we could have a g2g at so we can get to planning?