OEM NAVI (MFD1,2,3, OR RNS-E) on Seat Leon FR 1M with golf 4 full fis tacho

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
OEM AUDI RNS-E SUCCESFULLY INSTALLED on Seat Leon FR 1M with golf 4 full fis tacho

-PART 1 Hi to all, as some of you could remember, I'm an Italian owner of a wonderful Seat Leon 1M (old one) Fr TDI 150cv l.e. Monza.
In Italy i'm the only one that has been able to install a IMMO3 SPORT EDITION FULL-FIS tacho from a golf IV, after 1,5 years fo project's study with the help of the guys on gti-tdi.de.
Right now i'd like to install a OEM navi (VW MFD1,2,3 or AUDI RNS-E), i've to choose wich one is the best for my expectation.
I need the navi to speak with the FIS, and it should be able to read MP3 and show the id3 tags on the navi's display and possibly on the upper part of the FIS too..
Science fiction??
I've already read this discussion,
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25956&highlight=leon#25956
I've found out that the electrical wirings of the leon are more similar to the golf4 one's instead of audi a3 8l, in fact the 2 tachos are plug&play, only to be recoded and everything works perfectly.No additional/change of wirings, only 2 new wires to get the 4 open doors symbol to work.
I imagine that a VW navi could be the better choice for compatibility, but mfd1 and 2 can't read mp3 theirself (they need addiotional disposal) and right now there is no way to display on the screen the id3 tags of the mp3, nor on the upper part of the fis.To get this i should buy a MFD3 / RNS-510, but it's too new and expensive, and i've no idea if it's compatible with the golf 4 system.
it'd be ok to me even the old MFD1, if only it could read mp3 and display the id3 tags on it and on the fis..
right now i know that Dension should produce a ipod interface that MAYBE could solve the id3 tags problems on the MFD1 and 2..it should be ready in September/October..
So i tought at Audi RNS-E, it should be great about the mp3 matters, but i'm not sure it will be compatible with the golf 4 fis (navi indications, and id3 tags on the upper part).
What do you suggest to me??
Someone with golf 4 that has already done this kind of upgrade could help me??
-PART 2 thanks to a passatworld's guy, i've found out that a RNS2 (NOT MFD2) can work with MK4-based platforms FIS.
some news (maybe old).
I've finally understood some things regarding the FIS..
For the golf 4 with CAN-BUS (those after 2002) can be fully installed the MFD2 of the touareg.Only that one.
Unfortunately the MFD2 of the touran and golf the V cannot be installed.
This because they work to 2 various speeds of can-bus.
The RNS2 of the touareg works to 1.6 as on golf 4 (and therefore it is possible to make the upgrade).
The MFD2 of touran/Golf 5 works to 2.0, therefore it's totally incompatible.
To this point is officially stated that it's impossible to mount the MFD3 on golf 4 and to hope in the compatibility with the MK4 system. (stated that all the upgrade to MFD3 came from MFD2 installed on golf V, therefore with can 2.0).
I don't know the can-speed of the Audi RNS-E and about his compatibility with the MK4 / 3BG FIS..
Maybe some strange type of emulators of can-bus could exist to emulates the 2,0 on systems 1,6. But from what I have read in other forums, it does not seem possible.
Therefore we must head all at touareg's RNS2. Hoping that in the future it'll receive some upgrade to add id3 tag mp3 thing.
But in all probability it will remain an utopy.
But at least is really good news that we can get RNS2 instead of 1 on MK4-based platform with the FIS fully working!!
IF you get some kind of interface to try to see the Mp3 tags on FIS and/or on the mfd2 display, please keep me upgraded with your results!!
-PART 3 take a look here:
http://www.3pmdev.de/index_en.html
even if it isn't update since 2 years, it seems to be the best choiche to get what we want..but it regards MFD1 i think..
but the prices..
who knows..

-PART 4:

some pics of my leon's interior with fis:

-PART 5

in any case there are some little news.
if you go here:
http://translate.google.com/transla...6--CAN-2-0.html&langpair=de|en&hl=it&ie=UTF-8
(From German to English) they say that this "adapter" let you install the MFD3 on cars with can-bus 1.6.
About the FIS compatibility, they wrote that within 2 weeks the fis option would have been implemented, unfortunately 3 months are passed and there are still no news ..
Probably, since the volume of sales is not so high, those of tixxon are focusing on other things..
Who knows if this version with fis info implemented will ever be released..
Maybe sending many e-mails asking news about this, they could return to give some attention on this product..
What do you say?

Sorry for the lenght of the post, i've connected the 3 post i've done in the past in other forums..

Thanks in advantage for all help.
Byez

Last edited:

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
Ehi guys, just look what i've found!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/guenterheise

finally it seems that some kind of kufatec interface is working!!

this is T5 multivan with 1.6 to 2.0 kufatec interface, and from the video it works!!

what do you think?

there is a way to contact the user??

byez!!

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
maybe it's the same thing!

bad news..i've ask to kufatec and they said that this interface won't work on golf 4..cause even if both (golf4 and T5) has can-bus at 1.6, here their reply :
"Dear Sir,
no, you can not use this interface. It will not work since the
golf 4 does not have the required information on it's can-bus.
We're sorry but we cannot help you."
Do anyone knows which are the differences between the can bus of the t5 and the golf 4??

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
I assume they are referring to the single DIN euro golf IV which only has the ISO connectors - so they don't have the canbus in the radio loom for the illumination, speed signal and ignition.

If you had a DD Delta radio then you did get the Quadlock connector(and presumably the CANBUS controll of those features).

The late US DD ones (with Quadlock) should have the CANBUS control of the required inputs as well.

Unless the T5 also has the extra entertainment CAN like the late Passats????

Maybe they could clarify what they are actually talking about regarding the non-compatablility.

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
graeme86 said:
I assume they are referring to the single DIN euro golf IV which only has the ISO connectors - so they don't have the canbus in the radio loom for the illumination, speed signal and ignition.

If you had a DD Delta radio then you did get the Quadlock connector(and presumably the CANBUS controll of those features).

The late US DD ones (with Quadlock) should have the CANBUS control of the required inputs as well.

Unless the T5 also has the extra entertainment CAN like the late Passats????

Maybe they could clarify what they are actually talking about regarding the non-compatablility.
i've tried to send them a mail quoting your post, this is the reply:

"Dear Sir,

we cannot give you any information upon this topic other than that it
will not work.

If you wish, you can buy the interface and try it out by yourself."

:mad: :(

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
hi to all!
any news about this??

did you find a solution to get the cd-text on your navi screen and on your fis too??

i've look around but i've not been able to find something tested on golf 4 to get the mp3 cd-text displayed..

cause as you know i'd like to upgrade my car and get an oem navi (so i can use at 100% my full fis sport edition) but i'd like to know if it's possible in some way to get the cd-text displayed..

Have you seen this Dietz Adapter 72320?

It allows display of id3 tags in FIS

http://www.dietz.biz/dokumente/72320_D-E.pdf

Only works through 3LB though (not CANBUS)

Or again:

http://www.idsl.com.hk/iplug-rds/

but who knows if they work on golf 4 with a RNS2 instead of standard MFD1..

maybe have a look and then let me know if you find out something interesting...

byez.

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
up..any news about this??
Am I the only one with FIS in leon 1M/golf 4/passat3b that wants a oem navi with the mp3 info on fis??
maybe the new ZENEC EGO 2040 could do all this thing..
let's check..

power4ever

TDI
CFGB Passat R36
RNS-E in a golf4

Hi

I also installed a audi RNS-E into ny VW golf4.
You have to code it to A6 , because it can run then on your pulse cable(for the correct speed)
Then you need a canbussimulator for the light switch.

I also couldnt get it running with my FIS.

grts Jim

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
After a year of waiting, I ve finally been able to finish my installation!!
Everything works fine, bluetooth included, here you are some pics:

Special thanks to power4ever that sold me everything and explain how to install it, and everyone that helped me during my installation problems (graeme86)

soon more pics!!

byez

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Can you Please make it HOW TO , lot of sites on top of the post does not exist anymore. I would lie to know what needs to be done and what needs to be install.

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
hi to all, i'll try to explain how i've connected the rns-e, stated that my friend sent me everything already pre-cabled and pre-wired, only to plug in, here you are the connection:

brown and black connector from the car
-> to navi
Bluetooth module
-> to navi
-> to special interface
Navi
-> to special interface
Special interface
-> 3 wires clock data enable to pin 30-31-32 of the cluster green connector.

here you are the part list:

-Rns-e 8E0 035 192 D coded 0500711 sw H72 0650
DVD 2010 Est Europe included
-Bluetooth module 8P0 862 335 K codded 0010711 sw H26 340
mic antenna and all the cables and connector included
-special interface for the FIS communication ???

i hope this can help you, unfortunately i don't know where the special interface come from, and neither how it's been modified to let the rns-e speak with the fis..

for this you could try ask to user "power4ever" that's the guy that sold me everything!!

;)

Last edited:

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
hi to all, i'll try to explain how i've connected the rns-e, stated that my friend sent me everything already pre-cabled and pre-wired, only to plug in, here you are the connection:

-> to navi
Bluetooth module
-> to navi
-> to special interface
Navi
-> to special interface
Special interface

i hope this can help you, unfortunately i don't know where the special interface come from, and neither how it's been modified to let the rns-e speak with the fis..

for this you could try ask to user "power4ever" that's the guy that sold me everything!!

;)
do you have contact details for power4ever, interested in the special interface

Tha FX

TDI
AGR 90bhp
You looking to fit an RNS ray? (its ollie btw)

there are 3 ways of doing it as far as i know,
1. build your own , with a skoda converter (roughly 100 eur)
2. Kufatec (115 eur delivered)
3. The adapter from the T5 forum that does everything but costs a bomb (229 eur)

the interesting part is the canbus emulators, only one i can find for sale alone is the Genuine Skoda one and with the connectors and wires it works out to be the same price as the kufatec adapter

This is for fitting the newer VW RNS 510/310 etc

the older audi RNS units are abit more simple to install if you get an older unit but you might as well fit a newer unit

XZONE

TDI
Audi A3 8l

-> to navi
Bluetooth module
-> to navi
-> to special interface
Navi
-> to special interface
Special interface

;)

hi M206..
don't you have some pics of this interface that power4ever sold you..??

thanks..

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
hi M206..
don't you have some pics of this interface that power4ever sold you..??

thanks..
hi to all, sorry for my late, i've been very very busy with my new home.

by the way, here you are some pics of the interface, unfortunately there are no links to the manufacturer:

I hope it can help you, i'd like too to get a backup spare part, in case of problems/damage of the first one, but for now it's not possible..:(

Last edited:

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
You looking to fit an RNS ray? (its ollie btw)

there are 3 ways of doing it as far as i know,
1. build your own , with a skoda converter (roughly 100 eur)
2. Kufatec (115 eur delivered)
3. The adapter from the T5 forum that does everything but costs a bomb (229 eur)

the interesting part is the canbus emulators, only one i can find for sale alone is the Genuine Skoda one and with the connectors and wires it works out to be the same price as the kufatec adapter

This is for fitting the newer VW RNS 510/310 etc

the older audi RNS units are abit more simple to install if you get an older unit but you might as well fit a newer unit
I don't know which your source is, but after YEARS of searching, the only way to get the RNS-e FULLY working with the golf 4 FULL FIS is the one that i've showed.
And i've had to buy all the needed part from another user, to be sure that everything work properly.
And i've showed my pics or "it didn't happen".
So please don't make it too simple, ex choose opt 1, opt 2, opt 3, and you're done, i'd like too it could be so easy, but unfortunately it's not.

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
we're interested, sourcing the interface you are using is the issue.

thank you for posting up the pictures

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
we're interested, sourcing the interface you are using is the issue.

thank you for posting up the pictures

i agree, i'm still asking help to the friend who sold me everything, but since he didn't produce the interface itself, and bought it from his engineer-friend, he depends from this engineer to get info and/or data..

maybe someone could understand which kind or type this interface is from pictures??

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
here you are some pics of the previous install of the rns-e on a golf 4:
-needed material:

-installation:

franko180

TDI
MKIV
Nice to see you post pictures of this installation, been considering this one for a while.

A few questions if you don't mind answering:

Do you know if there are any specific model(s) of the RNS-E that your setup works with or is it compatible with any model (including latest)?

When you are not using Navigation but driving, does the FIS display look different to the usual MFD display, IE does it display the street name or is that only when navigating?

When installing your RNS-E, did you have to 'sand' down the sides of the centre console, to allow the unit to fit in? It appears on your photos that the edges had to be worked on because of the size of the RNS-E (width?).

Finally, why does your thread show photos of the 'unknown' canbus adapter stripped down to the circuit board? Did it need to be modified to work properly?

Last edited:

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
Nice to see you post pictures of this installation, been considering this one for a while. Out of interest do you know if there are any specific model(s) of the RNS-E that your setup works with or is it compatible with any model?
thanks!!:)

About the specific model of the rns-e, it SHOULD works with every model (old one), the most important thing is to code it as if it's in an audi A6 (old model).
But i'm not 100% sure about this, cause i've no other experience except mine..

M206

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI 150cv
When you are not using Navigation but driving, does the FIS display look different to the usual MFD display, IE does it display the street name or is that only when navigating?

When installing your RNS-E, did you have to 'sand' down the sides of the centre console, to allow the unit to fit in? It appears on your photos that the edges had to be worked on because of the size of the RNS-E (width?).
-Yes it does, but only if you have the original navi dvd inserted.
Otherwise, without the dvd inserted, you can only get the compass displaying N, S, O, E, or a combination of these.

-Yes. The edges don't fit perfectly in my leon, cause they was cutted to fit in a golf mk4 centre console, that's slightly narrower than my leon 1m.

Finally, why does your thread show photos of the 'unknown' canbus adapter stripped down to the circuit board? Did it need to be modified to work properly?
No, the reason why i've showed the circuit board, is to find someone that could understand which kind of interface could be.
Cause the main problem right now, is to find a similar interface that work in the same way of mine.
As far as i know, there is no one else that have this special interface to get the audi rns-e working with a mk4 full fis.
Maybe we could ask at kufatec or similar..
But i don't have so much time in this period..

Last edited: