Injection Pump: Bosch Part Number?

MITBeta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 2004 Sprinter CDI Passenger (Mid/High), former: 1996 Passat TDI Variant
Anybody have the Bosch part number handy for an A4 manual trans 10mm injection pump?

Thanks...

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
VE pump: FIE 0460 404 977

shaft seal on the TB side: BOS 2 460 283 001

JSlatton

TDI
A4 Jetta, 1999.5
I had very good service from these guys and highly recommend them:

Diesel Fuel injection Service
1700 SE Grand Ave.
Portland, OR 97214
(800) 547-8454
888-285-1213 - Kyle or Mark

injection pump #: 0 460 404 977

MITBeta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 2004 Sprinter CDI Passenger (Mid/High), former: 1996 Passat TDI Variant
Did you have them rebuild a pump? How much did it cost you? They're quoting $800-$1000, and for that money I might as well just buy an already rebuilt pump...

Nutsnbolts

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Jetta, Silver Arrow
Beta:

Are you having problems with your pump? If so, what are the symptoms? I thought my pump was going 2 months ago, and it turned out that my MAF was gone again, but due to the VW cluster "recall" the CEL wouldn't light unless the MAF was unplugged (if I unplugged it while it was running, the light wouldn't come on at all. If it was unplugged when I started it, then I would get a CEL). I was getting heavy smoke, poor mileage, and erratic power off idle. I'm VERY concerned about this ULSD changeover, since I've got the miles on my pump. I'll be able to replace the seals (and post the procedure here!!!!!), but it's a job I'm hoping I don't have to do for a while, since I just did the TB. Anyway, let me know...

-Rich

MITBeta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm getting a "Quanity Adjuster limit reached" code. This started after I took the pump apart to replace the seal between the upper and lower halves. I think I must have damaged some delicate part at that time.

I'd love to find out it is something cheaper, but my guess is that it's not.

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, '96 B4V,'99 2 door Golf
MITBeta said:
I'm getting a "Quanity Adjuster limit reached" code. This started after I took the pump apart to replace the seal between the upper and lower halves. I think I must have damaged some delicate part at that time.

I'd love to find out it is something cheaper, but my guess is that it's not.
Try replacing the temp. sensor inside the top of the pump....

Last edited:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
the number of BOSCH repair shops willing and able to repair these VE pumps is tiny. Few will want to touch it.

MITBeta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Actually, replacing the temp sensor did help for a few days, but then I got the error again...

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
When you took the top half of the pump off did you mark it and realign it when you reinstalled? I'm wondering if you just need to do a hammer mod. Do you have a vagcom? If so read group one and tell us what your Injection quantity is. It maybe just a matter of slightly losening the top half and lightly tapping it to get the IQ back in line. Do not do this unless you have a vagcom and someone in the car to turn it off incase you get a run away.

MITBeta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I did mark the pump, and when reassembling the IQ was off the charts high. I eventually got it dialed down incrementally to 2.8, but at every step got the error.

It's still at 2.8.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
I just wait for one to pop up in the classifieds on this site.

I've got one that I purchased from the TDIracing guys but I haven't used it yet. you want it? $400:D

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
FYI, Diesel Injection Service in Portland, OR is the only Bosch shop in the country certified to rebuild these pumps. They're the only ones who forked out the $37,000 to be able to do it. And they do fine work, rebuilding it in near clean room conditions from what I hear. I know 3 guys who have had theirs rebuilt by them and I'm sending mine up there today. They said it's typicall $550-750, assuming no major mechanical damage inside.

MITBeta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
runonbeer said:
I just wait for one to pop up in the classifieds on this site.

I've got one that I purchased from the TDIracing guys but I haven't used it yet. you want it? $400:D
Yes, if you're serious.

MITBeta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Drewser said:
FYI, Diesel Injection Service in Portland, OR is the only Bosch shop in the country certified to rebuild these pumps. They're the only ones who forked out the $37,000 to be able to do it. And they do fine work, rebuilding it in near clean room conditions from what I hear. I know 3 guys who have had theirs rebuilt by them and I'm sending mine up there today. They said it's typicall $550-750, assuming no major mechanical damage inside.
They quoted me 800-1000 assuming no major mechanical damage...

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
MITBeta said:
They quoted me 800-1000 assuming no major mechanical damage...
For the same pump? (11mm, VE?) I just got off the phone with them yesterday and that's the quote they gave me. However, they also said once they took it apart and saw the inside that they would call me and give me the actual quote. I know my friends who have had theirs rebuilt in the last few weeks were in the $550-750 range.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
I got an '03, 11mm w/39k by doing a search on www.car-part.com . Cost was $500. When searching, try both fuel pump and injection pump. I found mine under 'fuel pump'. There were cheaper and older ones but I liked the low mileage and price of this one. I had it checked out down at Diesel Fuel Injection Svc. in Portland as I was there for the RC GTG. They charged me $20 to reset the timing flange and check all electrical functions on their bench. Super nice guys...