• Get the warranty

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Don't waste the money

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TDI
2015 Golf TDI S
I just purchased a 2015 CPO Golf TDI last week, within 2 hours of purchase I got a check engine light for P20E8. Also the fuel filler neck was damaged and I couldn't fill it up. A week later the car is back and all fixed now. I have a week of so to go back and the dealer will sell me an additional 2 year on the CPO warranty for $2200. Making it a full 4 year unlimited mile warranty. Should I go for it? How has everyone fared reliability wise?

dlll

I to just purchased a CPO 2015 golf with 50k on the clock. I figured 2 years and unlimited miles was good enough for me. You have to remember that the motor has a 4-year 148k warranty on it. Pistons, rings, block, head, fuel system, and exhaust system. The only thing I was worried about was the transmission. Me being a tech and have dealt with TDIs and own 2 I can fix anything that will come up. Negotiate with them on the price they make over 1/2 on the cost of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
We can't calculate your personal risk level for you. Statistically, some people will benefit from them but the dealership wouldn't be offering those plans if they didn't make money on them in the long-run. Usually one could ask themselves if saving the $2,000 in an account would be better "spent." You could also approach it from another angle: if you had spent the $2,000 dollars on a 2015 with less miles would you be better off? Once you reframe it like those two suggestions rather than, "what can go wrong in the next two years?" you might conclude it's false economy.

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen 6-speed manual; 2016 3500 Ram Tradesman 4X4 6.7L Cummins 6-Speed manual
I bought a 3-year extended warranty when I got my TDI back in 2015, and was very pleased at not having to pay for virtually anything when I went in for scheduled maintenance.