View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2020, 13:01   #5
Steve Addy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 97 Mk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gli_ryan View Post
No that’s not something I’ve heard of. I was going to buy the oe valeo replacement from fcp. Maybe I’ll look into the b5 metal version.

I’m trying to change all the coolant hoses in the engine bay, but fcp doesn’t seem to offer all of them. Are there a couple that are no longer available? Looks like the lower radiator hose is one of them.
The part number is 8D1819031C, but it does take a little bit of custom work to make good fitment, particularly the pipes need a minor amount of tweaking and the cap for the top (to fit into housing) needs to be cut down and adjusted.

I acquired mine on ebay but I checked earlier and there are no inexpensive versions being offered anymore online. The only ones I see are VW or Audi OE and those are not cheap by any means.

I had been putting off ordering a couple more of these for the shelf, I hope that the supply of these in aftermarket isn't going to stay this way forever.

Be aware also that some sellers list that part number for ones with the plastic top / pipes too, I would not waste money on that one it's 1) clearly not all metal and 2) not worth buying since it's no different in materials with the OE plastic top tank version and making it fit our application will be tough. Only the all metal version is worth the effort...

At one time I had a write-up on this but I never did get it posted and now I can't seem to find it or the photos that went with it.

image is not mine but shows bare core...

Steve

Last edited by Steve Addy; May 26th, 2020 at 13:05.
Steve Addy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06388 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.88 Kb. compressed to 15.14 Kb. by saving 1.73 Kb. (10.28%)]