View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2020, 07:46   #8
SilverGhost
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCJETPILOT
There is a market for an aftermarket radiator with a drain plug at the bottom....
No there is NOT. The cooling system is an incredibly complex maze of hose, pipes, coolers, valves, thermostats, pumps, and heat exchangers on a modern TDI. A drain on the radiator is going to miss A LOT of the cooling system, and the debris therein.

Only way you are getting 100% flush involves the engine basically down to a long block, and most of the engine bay spread out over a shop floor where you then proceed to use a hose to flush water through everything.

I had a customer think the blue coolant cap was the AdBlue cap on a 2010 Golf. Many flushes later the system still had DEF in it. That's the point when we did ^^ and managed to get it clean enough. Though I did suggest much more frequent coolant inspection and change schedule.

Jason

PS: I think the "drain and fill" is a good idea on a regular basis to keep fresh coolant (and its additives) in the system. Which is the point of the vacuum "flush" device.

Page generated in 0.06818 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.25 Kb. compressed to 14.64 Kb. by saving 1.62 Kb. (9.94%)]