View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2020, 11:42   #4
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

I would not hesitate to show any of my customers how I did something. I even invite them to watch me if they really want to. I most recently had some guy not understand how I could R&R a transmission without touching the outer CV joint bolts. The answer was that I simply remove the drive axles from the transmission and suspend them out of the way, and if he wanted to, I would be happy to show him OR he could wait until the next one and I'd call him up and he could come see. I did. He did. And now he is happy.

There are vacuum operated devices for FILLING a cooling system that is empty (or nearly empty). Works more or less just like the A/C system. You pull a vacuum on it through the fill cap, then a tube is inserted into a jug of [premixed] coolant, open a valve, and the vacuum pulls the coolant into the system. But it is not the same as a flush. It cannot remove coolant.

The flush machine requires hoses be removed.

I have both devices.

If you asked this person how this works, and you got flak from them, you do NOT have a "good relationship" it would seem. Because if they honestly had some such device, they'd certainly have no problem showing you how it works, or at least showing or even telling you what the tool is, as I am sure you could find some video on how it works.

Page generated in 0.08832 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.19 Kb. compressed to 14.60 Kb. by saving 1.59 Kb. (9.80%)]