View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2011, 16:00   #68
josh8loop
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45 MPG City with the previous 01M, 5-speed 60+ MPG City. Always searching for ways to make it better!!

DF,

The foam is about 2" thick, so when you pass it through the lower valence and start vertically in front of the radiator it gets held in place between the radiator and a horizontal cross member about half way up. I'm not concerned with meltage-this is the same stuff I remade my engine cover sound deadening with. It has been fine for a month or so on top of the engine.

The only bad thing about the radiator block is that any air that would need to be passed through for the A/C condenser would be blocked which could cause higher than normal A/C pressures. Also, you are gambling that the unblocked portion will be able to sufficiently reject enough heat to maintain engine temperatures. The weather here has been cool one day, and hot the next, so that makes it a bit tricky for me. I mainly used it to see if my mileage went up, and to see it the T-stat was working properly. No numbers yet.
Now have Nokian Entyre Low RR tires!

Last edited by josh8loop; March 15th, 2011 at 16:02.
josh8loop is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06287 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.61 Kb. compressed to 14.85 Kb. by saving 1.76 Kb. (10.58%)]