Touareg brake pad wear sensor delete

dieselsipper

Veteran Member
2012 Touareg brake pad wear sensor delete...Same as old VW's???

Just curious, is brake pad wear sensor delete the for a 2012 Touareg the same as old mk4 VWs, just cut and splice wires?

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Huh? You turn it off in the cluster coding, no need to cut and splice anything, or even get your hands dirty.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Sorry, I should have clarified... that is how you do it on the A4 cars, and B5s, and A5s, and C3s, etc. so I am *assuming* the T'reg is the same, it may not be. Can't say I have had anyone ask about turning it off on one.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Not sure on the '12, but on an '04 the cluster coding is identical to a Mk4 / B5.

The pads on the Touareg do start out fairly thin...

-J

dieselsipper

Veteran Member
Sorry, I should have clarified... that is how you do it on the A4 cars, and B5s, and A5s, and C3s, etc. so I am *assuming* the T'reg is the same, it may not be. Can't say I have had anyone ask about turning it off on one.
I'm guessing same too, I'm not VCDS expert or actually even have one. I can get my hands on one easy enough, is it pretty straightforward?

EDIT: easily found with google search. Thanks for help guys!

Last edited:

igiveup

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat, 2009 Jetta
It is pretty straight forward. Did it on a MK5 Jetta a while back. Don't remember exactly which module it is in. There is probably a "step by step" on TDI club somewhere. It was either just a check box, or a matter of changing a 1 to 0.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
It is in the cluster coding. My wife's A3 won't allow it to be turned off. Wire broke on fairly new pads, so I joined the circuit.