2012 Treg TDI Rear Wiper washer issue

TDI_Nate_

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI Black Uni, Non-sunroof, 6-speed
Hi all,

So recently my wife and I pulled the trigger on a buy back 12 Touareg TDI and so far we love it! Coming from owning and driving all 4 cylinder TDI's its a far cry, and her coming from a Cruze is a really far cry haha, but it's awesome. Anyway my issue, when you push the wiper stalk away to activate the rear washer nothing but bubbles come out the nozzles at the rear wiper stalk. It's full of washer fluid, I can hear the pump motor running, and the wiper does its thing. When the pump runs it changes pitch almost like it's pressurizing or something. Also after repeated attempts I find no leaks anywhere in or out of the vehicle. So what do you all think I should do? Is there a rear washer tank that I'm missing, I am new to treg life. Or something else? I think I figured out where the washer fluid bottle is for the front (in the pass. fender and it's a pain to get to..correct me if I'm wrong). Also is there a designation to the generations of Touareg like there are for the other VW models so I know in the future? Also if this isn't the best forum to be looking let me know and I'd love suggestions.

Thanks!

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
The rear nozzle is bad about rusting internally and clogging. I have cleaned mine several times and it still clogs and is clogged now.
The nozzle pulls out fairly easily and a fine wire can be used to clear the hole, but the rust back in the wiper keeps on coming. Flush really well or you will be right back there soon.

TDI_Nate_

TDI
Ok that makes sense! How does one take it apart to get to the nozzle pieces?

TDI_Nate_

TDI
Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I used that link from the Touareg forum and fixed it this weekend! Now onto question two, is there a designation for the years of Touareg? Like I've seen maybe the 2012 and up is called the Touareg 2? I'm hoping it'll make looking for things easier if I know the specific designation. I suppose if there really isn't one then oh well I'll manage!