Hello from Michigan

tbug

TDI
Debating
Hello,

I just joined from Michigan, I have always been fashinated by the diesel cars VW makes. I have only owned so far Ford/Chevrolet/GMC/Mercury vehicles. I always dream about owning a Diesel Jetta. I saw this board and though I would join to do some research on the cars. I went to a VW dealer once almost a year ago and asked if they carried anything with the diesel engine, and they said no and that I would have to special order it since there is little to no demand for them. I was shocked it seams like more people would be looking for a car that I hear would last forever.

Thanks

dabear95

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS, Silver
Welcome tbug! I'm on the eastside and enjoyed my 02 Golf since May 2002. I have taken my wife and family around the country and something like 50 trips to northern Michigan. Great car...

Jason

tbug

TDI
Debating
very cool. I saw a VW Gulf burn to the ground on sunday, after the snow my neighbor and I were going to go pickup a snowblower and it was in the road burning, it was like in the movies but bigger. I have no pictures it happened to be the rare time I forgot my camera. I just wonder what was the cause, I'm thinking most likly it was some maintance the driver did not keep up on.

I'm over on the West Side, by the way.

deezay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 black jetta gls
how far south are you on the west side? we have a monthly g2g in the michiana area. dates and locations are in the 'indiana people' thread.

tbug

TDI
Debating
deezay said:
how far south are you on the west side? we have a monthly g2g in the michiana area. dates and locations are in the 'indiana people' thread.
West side of the state, I'm about 2-3 hours from IN. Won't mind seeing some of thease cars before I purchase one, that way I know what's good.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Welcome tbug,

Where are you located in west michigan? I'm up in Rockford (just north of Grand Rapids) and have four TDI's in the stable. If you'd like to stop over and visit, feel free. "PM" me and we'll talk via phone.

Kirk

tbug

TDI
Debating
I'm West of Detroit(Which I guess is the East side of the state). Sounds like a meet could be nice, I may be helping a friend move to Texas next week and we are driving so it may be quite the trip. Still won't mind seeing one of thease cars in person one day.

I had a brain fart in my last post. Not sure how I managed to word it like that.

deezay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 black jetta gls
lol, yeah just west of detroit... not really on the west side of the state... i was thinking... holland/muskegon area...

they are beautiful machines... especially when upgraded... smooth power and excellent mileage.

tbug

TDI
Debating
lol, yeah just west of detroit... not really on the west side of the state... i was thinking... holland/muskegon area...

they are beautiful machines... especially when upgraded... smooth power and excellent mileage.
Yeah I forget about that side of the state from time to time. I have wanted one for quite some time, I just don't know when I will acturally break down.

How far are you from AnnArbor?
Maybe 30minutes, I volunteer out there, I will be wrapping gifts at the downtown borders Saturday night for Charity.

donutking

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDi
im in tecumseh and im by compu u can get together and see both of our cars. mine is for sale email me at doublej720@yahoo.com

compu are u avail to look at my car email me as well im not on here as much as i should be.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
i'm over in the troy area, northwest of detroit, exit 69-big beaver road off I-75. I bounce between school in ohio during the week and east lansing or troy on the weekends.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I send ya an email donutking.

Ya if any of you ever need your car scanned with vag-com shoot me a PM, there are quite a few of us in the area with it.

-Jason

tbug

TDI
Debating
I'm seriously thinking of getting a TDI, In the past 2 weeks I've driven about 1500miles @ 17mpg(Average) 89 Gallons of Gas @ $3.09 roughly $275 in gas alone. I just figured the math and I'm just thinking jeeze. I need to stay home more often, that's not including the truck that is about 250miles @ 12mpg 20 Gallons of gas @ $3.09 roughy $62 so that puts me at $337 this month for gas alone, I do like having the 4x4 and pickup truck bed on the truck, but I usually only take it around town(It's an 1986F150) the car I drive pretty much everywhere (1993 Grand Marquis).

I really just need to drive less, if I only go to work and home I can average about 30miles a day which is around 2 gallons of gas a day which isn't that bad, but I also think I just put $50 in my tank yesturday and it didn't even fill it, it's already to 1/2 tank since I made a few trips.

I'm now debating saving cash or taking a loan out. Maybe a little of both.