2013 Volkswagen Golf Wagon TDI Highline Review

DickSilver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 B5.5V, 1996 B4V
This reviewer praises the Golf in ways that my experience with my 2012 Golf supports without question. At least in USA trim, the Golf offers heavy-duty fabric seats that are more comfortable than the faux leather plastic seats that have been the only offering in the Jetta. She praises the DSG without discussing its relatively expensive maintenance requirements over the manual shift.

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI sold, Mazda 3 purchased
I actually like the faux leather, dog hair doesn't bind to it irremovably like it does to fabric.Much easier to clean.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
I would have preferred cloth.

But I've found the V-tex to be "O.K." A little sticky on hot days, especially in black. Perforations aren't enough. But the stuff is durable as heck, cleaning is an easy wipe-down, and I'd prefer it to leather, which wears out way too quickly.

I read the article expecting it was going to be a Mk7, but I guess that will be a 2014. Not sure why a review of the last year of the current model is newsworthy...:confused:

Ptplayers

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL 6M with sports package
I have been driving a loaner Golf tdi for 2 weeks now until i pick up my Passat tomorrow and i would have to say im quite impressed with it .

Ptplayers

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL 6M with sports package
I have been driving a loaner Golf tdi for 2 weeks now until i pick up my Passat tomorrow and i would have to say im quite impressed with it .

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Wait...what is the difference between a Jetta Wagon and a Golf Wagon?

Jim B PEI

TDI
2003 Jetta wagon 5M, (2010 Golf wagon DSG GONE, replaced by a 2014 Subaru Forester)
Jetta SportsWagon in the US, Golf Wagon elsewhere. Its funny though, because the 03 Jetta wagon is actually a Golf, and the 10 Golf Wagon is actually a Jetta--or more precisely a Passat (body) wagon before the 'new' Passat was introduced. I saw new wagons on the lots of dealers, identical bodies, labelled Passat and Jetta and Golf depending on local market names.